Food/Fishing/Beverage/Music/Movies/Books

Rogers72

Call me a lush but one of my favorite sections of FOH has always been Alcoholics Not So Anonymous. It seems pretty dead in there since we combined so many of the subforums into this mulitple headed monster. It seems like all of these subforums used to be much more active when they had their own heading on the main index page before they were clumped together. Am I wrong?

This is the current setup and my thoughts on each:

1.) Discussion Forum/The Water Hole

2.) Newbie Introductions (keep as is)

3.) PSP/HQ/PE Forum (Could be deleted as "Live From the Humidor" in the Discussion Forum has kinda taken its place...or also make this a sticky in the discussion forum)

4.) FOH Member Specials (you could keep this and put PSP/HQ/PE in it or Make it a sticky in the discussion forum)

5.) Cigar Reviews (Keep of course)

6.) Booze/Fishing/Books/ETC. (Split into three Separate Forums)

7.) Cigar Interest General (keep even though its hardly very active. Good Reference Stuff.)

8.) Classic Posts (move as a subforum under Cigar Interests General)

9.) Trading Room (keep as is)

10.) Nic Mission (a sticky in the Duscussion Forum would give it more exposure)

11.) Chuck Forum (keep as is)

12.) Special Announcements (Sticky in Discussion.)

13.) Technical Issues (keep as is)

In other words, streamline it like this:

1.) Discussion Forum (stickies for Member Specials, Available PSP/HQ/PE, Special Announcements, Nicaraguan Mission)

2.) Newbie Intros (as is)

3.) Cigar Reviews (as is)

4.) Alcoholics Not So Anonymous

5.) Fishing

6.) Char Czar

7.) Books, Music, Movies

8.) General Cigar Interests (Subforums for Classic Posts, Cheap and Cheerful, Humidor Tutorial, Global Friendly Places)

9.) Chuck Forum (as is)

10.) Forum Tech Issues (as is)

I love it here and it is by far the best cigar forum on the internet. I have just been thinking of ways that might streamline it more and give some things some more exposure and foster more participation. The newer format is much better than the old forum but i do miss some topics being more exposed and therefore more active. Again, I could be wrong??? Just some friendly suggestions and I hope that none are out of line. Thank You!

• 2 weeks later...