Trinidad Robusto T

When James Suckling named the Trinidad Robusto T as his cigar of the year, i could see why he admired the cigar as much as he did. From the half a dozen sticks i smoked in 2010, i really enjoyed them too, but i never got around to reviewing it for this blog.

Released in 2009 to mark the 40th Anniversary of the Trinidad brand and the 10th Anniversary of the brand’s commercial availability, the Trinidad Robusto T was remarked by many as THE best general release cigar from Cuba in 2009. Technically, not a “robusto” in the strictest sense of the word, smokers the world over found the cigar a perfect size as it presented the classic Trinidad flavours. Larger than the Reyes and the Coloniales, but smaller than the Robusto Extra, it fits nicely into the rotations of many, an even 60-90 minute cigar.

Visually, the cigar is excellent. Firm to the touch, slight veining to add that little bit of Cuban character with an extremely fresh aroma when unlit. I had this cigar with a cup of sweet espresso early in the morning, and as i was running the tobacco under my nose, i was taken to a scene of clear running water, and despite the gorgeous scent wafting from my hot cup of coffee, i could not help but smell a distinct sweet tea aroma from its foot. Interesting.

trini_rob_t-3.jpg

trini_rob_t-7.jpg

trini_rob_t-10.jpg

Full review and pics on my blog.

No video review this time?? :surprised:

Anyway - another solid review and great pictures nonetheless. The Trinidad Robusto T's are another CC on my short list to pick up one of these days.

Thanks for sharing... :P

Hands down my favorite Trinidad. A truly great smoke, even young. Can't wait to see how these will taste with a few years of age on them as the aged Trinis I've had have been fantastic.

No video review this time?? :o

Anyway - another solid review and great pictures nonetheless. The Trinidad Robusto T's are another CC on my short list to pick up one of these days.

Thanks for sharing... :P

I like to mix things up. A bit peeved that i don't have a good video cam to take HD video. :)

I consider my written reviews the HD version of my work, because i can really get into describing the flavours and thoughts of each cigar.

Well. I've been seriously thinking about picking one of these up. Thanks for the review. I'll have to do that on my next trip across the pond to somewhere I can actually acquire them...

And, thanks for the pics. Always enjoyable.

I like to mix things up. A bit peeved that i don't have a good video cam to take HD video. :P

I consider my written reviews the HD version of my work, because i can really get into describing the flavours and thoughts of each cigar.

I hear ya -- although the video quality on my end seems to be really good/clear.

...and just so you know, your written work is just as good if not better than the videos, so all is well. :o

Thanks again for sharing.

Have some Trinis on order. Looking forward to trying them after this review Aizuddin. Great write up! Looking forward to your next review, video or text. By the way, your photography has greatly improved since you got your new camera. Very nice photos my friend.