storage

I wanted to know if anyone could give me some advice on storing cigars. if i do not have a humidor but would like to store cigars is there anything else i could store them in. also, what would i use to keep the humidity at the right level without a proper humidifier, and what would the effects of aging be on a cigar stored in various places other than a "real" humidor.

Without proper RH the cigars will eventually dry out and all their 'oil' will be gone.

For cheap method to store your cigars you can use a coolidor or a Tupperware box.

For humidifier you can use the green foam from your local florist.

Just get a hygro to measure the RH level.

I wanted to know if anyone could give me some advice on storing cigars. if i do not have a humidor but would like to store cigars is there anything else i could store them in. also, what would i use to keep the humidity at the right level without a proper humidifier, and what would the effects of aging be on a cigar stored in various places other than a "real" humidor.

Well, some of the best advice would be for you to read through most of the "Humidor Tutorial" subforum section in the "Cigar Interests General" area. Lots of invaluable information in there.

A humidor is just an artifically created environment. To create your own get an airtight container and a sponge from the local store. So tupperware will work just fine, as will a cheap sponge from the market.

If you want to store more than just a handful, you can use an ice chest cooler, and of course a larger sponge(s). If you want to pay more money or get into something a bit more permanemt, check out the humdior section on the forum.

Best of luck :D

Tupperware is a great way to start out and even grow as they start small and are available in fairly large sizes. I would look into humidity beads which you can purchase from a fellow BOTL here on FoH @ cigarmony.com. They are probably your best humidification option. Good luck.