Storing boxes in a desk top humidor

CigarB

Hi Guys,

What are you feelings/experiences with storing boxes in a desk top (mine is a 165ct) without active humidification? Is it ok, have you run into any issues with cigars being dry? I have a couple 10 ct and 25ct that I would like to keep in their boxes within the humidor. My thinking is that they'll be fine as the boxes aren't air tight and will take on proper humidity, but wanted to get the thoughts of the group. Also, wanted to know if I should do anything additionally such as moving the boxes around in the humi, opening them regularly, etc to get some air moving through the boxes. Thanks in advance!

No issues. I too have a 165-ish count desktop, along with a cabinet and a cooler-dor. I'd only look at active humidification once you get into cabinet spaces, something that's around 4 or 5 cubic feet of air space (1000-count-ish), or higher. A desktop would be fine with just about any relative passive method you used, providing the desktop is decent quality (good seal, quality wood, etc.).

For that size of a desktop, one of the larger rectangular Madelaine crystal humidifiers, or a smaller 8 oz. pack of RH Beads (only use distilled water with either).

No need to open or move around boxes.