Great cigar books

Hi all...

Had the MRN book for a while and it is one of the best books I ever purchased...

I was wondering what all of you think of this book and others..

Is there a book that is better or a must have for every cigar aficionado ...!?!

LMK.

Regards.

Hi all...

Had the MRN book for a while and it is one of the best books I ever purchased...

I was wondering what all of you think of this book and others..

Is there a book that is better or a must have for every cigar aficionado ...!?!

LMK.

Regards.

Nothing better for post revolution Habanos.

You might like to check out cigar book reviews on my website.

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/0-about.h...Books_Consulted

An Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Post-Revolution Havana Cigars. Min Ron Nee. 2005.

The Great Habano Factories. Adriana Martinez Rius. 2005.

The Havana Cigar. Charles Del Todesco. 1997.

This is far from an exhaustive list, just the books that I use the most. Don't know about one being better or worse. I see them as complementary.

I have several other books on my cigar book shelf but they are short on information and long on photos of famous people smoking cigars. They're OK to look through once in a while but not very helpful or useful in my opinion.

Yes, I'd agree with "The Great Habano Factories". As we talked about in that other thread, Cooolish, it's great - let me know how you make out with that info. That book is definitely a "sister-book" sort of companion to the MRN Encyclopaedia.

I'd also add in there that "The Complete Guide for Habanos Enthusiasts" is another great resource. It was done directly by Habanos S.A. back in 2006 or so, and is designed and put together very well. It also comes with another little book right within it, called "Cultivating a Tradition of Perfection". That resource alone is also phenomenal. It details, with beautiful, vivid pictures, diagrams, and illustrations, the various steps and processes in making Habanos.

These three (plus one) books make up my tried-and-true reference and informational material, as I go through cigars, along with the obvious online stuff for newer releases. But these books, along with my "Cigar Dossier", are invaluable to me.

I highly recommend all of these (and definitely including the "Cigar Dossier" too).

Make FOH a book.

Winner.

I've actually proposed this to Rob several months back. Get an accomplished real-world editor (REHMAN RASHID *cough cough*) to sift through the thousands of pages of stuff we have here, pick the best, and put it together as a book.

It would make FANTASTIC reading.

A chapter on Cuban cigar reviews.

A chapter on fake Cubans (and how to spot them).

A chapter on cigar storage.

A chapter on humor.

A chapter on Cuba.

etc.

Put together a nice hardcover edition, run 1,000 copies, and sell it to FOH members. It would go out like hotcakes. Get Rob to sign copies, and send it to the President of Habanos, and other key personalities around the world.

Yes, I'd agree with "The Great Habano Factories". As we talked about in that other thread, Cooolish, it's great - let me know how you make out with that info. That book is definitely a "sister-book" sort of companion to the MRN Encyclopaedia.

I'd also add in there that "The Complete Guide for Habanos Enthusiasts" is another great resource. It was done directly by Habanos S.A. back in 2006 or so, and is designed and put together very well. It also comes with another little book right within it, called "Cultivating a Tradition of Perfection". That resource alone is also phenomenal. It details, with beautiful, vivid pictures, diagrams, and illustrations, the various steps and processes in making Habanos.

These three (plus one) books make up my tried-and-true reference and informational material, as I go through cigars, along with the obvious online stuff for newer releases. But these books, along with my "Cigar Dossier", are invaluable to me.

I highly recommend all of these (and definitely including the "Cigar Dossier" too).

An Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Post-Revolution Havana Cigars. Min Ron Nee. 2005.

The Great Habano Factories. Adriana Martinez Rius. 2005.

The Havana Cigar. Charles Del Todesco. 1997.

This is far from an exhaustive list, just the books that I use the most. Don't know about one being better or worse. I see them as complementary.

I have several other books on my cigar book shelf but they are short on information and long on photos of famous people smoking cigars. They're OK to look through once in a while but not very helpful or useful in my opinion.

I will definitely give them a try...

Thanx.