Looking for Charcoal Smoker Recipies

MoneyPit

Okay, I need a little help from all you chefs out there. I have had my charcoal smoker for about two years and I have already ran out of ideas of things to cook on the smoker. This past weekend I mesquite smoked a pork tenderloin that turned out to be fantastic. Sadly, this was the last smoker idea that I had on my list.

If you've got any great smoker ideas or smoker recipes I'd love to hear about them.

- DoberMan

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply guys, I'll have to check them both out.

What's your favorite item to cook on the smoker? My favorite is using mesquite wood and filet. Can't beat a good filet and the mesquite wood smoke just enhances the whole experience. Only cook it on special occasions though.

I usually only do traditional "BBQ" i.e. low and slow on the smoker. Baby backs are always a hit for parties and gatherings. I haven't had the patience / balls to try pork butt yet, but have done some chicken as well as cheddar cheese which came out really nicely. I usually use a mix of apple, mesquite, or hickory depending on the mood. I have to try lump charcoal one of these day as well.

Have you smoked a gator or croc yet. Check out Bill Cannon at Texas BBQ Rub. He just competed at the American Royal and slow cooked a gator. He's got great pics. Also makes the best BBQ rub you'll find. I just slow smoked a 10 lb prime rib over the weekend. Turned out real tasty. Some of the BBQ forums here in the states should give you some new ideas. Good luck