Campanas

I was lucky enough to win 4 poker games in July and August so I owe a few reviews of the cigars the Czar House has sent my way. Smithy I am waiting on number 4...

Up first is one of two Pyramids sent my way; a Campanas - 52 x 140 (5.5")

post-3731-1285040303.jpg

Smooth and clean, great constuction with minimal veins this cigar had a light brown wrapper that had a slight sheen that the picture does not do justice.

Draw was not tight and not loose, just right as Goldilocks said. Aroma at cold was of clean tobacco nothing noticiable to mention (remember my paplate is a fine instrument just like a broad sword, hence my nose is much the same.) Anticipation, I am ready.

First draw on lighting was of a mild "kitchen spice", Nutmeg maybe. Seriosly when I taste something like this that I do not recognize I have to run to the kitchen after and start sniffing and tasting the different spices in the cupboard. My wife thinks I am crazy about this time.

The burn throughout the smoke was straight and true despite a small breeze on the deck. No relights, no corrections needed for the hour it took me to nub this guy.

A stronger spice flavor built through the first third and overan that kitchen spice. It became a strong what at first was peppery bite but turned to sea salt before the end of the third. This is not a spice flavor I have learned to enjoy to it's fullest. By the nub it leaves my lips and palate with a burning tingle it is so strong.

I haven't a clue as to what I just smoked. It isn't a BBF nor can I relate it to any of the other Marques I keep in the Humi & coolers. The only thing I can relate this to is the various Sancho Panzas I have been gifted by other generous BOTL.

Thanks for the chance to try something new.