2009 Por Larrañaga Andino

Questions have been raised about a 2009 Regional Edition cigar currently being offered by a vendor.

The cigar in question is referred to as a 2009 Por Larrañaga Andino, a petit pyramid, in SLB50, 600 made. This cigar is shown as a standard PL band, with a standard RE band with “Andino B.P.E.” on the band.

post-1158-1284428050.jpg

The better known released cigar is the Por Larrañaga Los Andes, a petit pyramid, in SLB50, 600 made. This cigar has a standard PL band and a standard RE band with Peru on the band. The cigar’s name (Los Andes) is Spanish for The Andes.

post-1158-1284428058.jpg

I am inclined to believe that the Andino is actually a pre-production box of the finally released Los Andes, for the following reason.

Andino (the supposed name of the cigar and the name on the band) is Spanish for Andean.

The Andean or the Andean States are a group of countries that the Andes (mountain range) traverses, including Bolivia, Peru, and Ecuador; thus the B. P. E. also on the band.

This also happens to be the three countries that the Habanos Distributor Vegas del Caribe supplies.

I believe that this band was later simplified to Perú for its production release.

Can anyone add anything?

PS> Two emails to the vendor in question remain unanswered.

Hi Trevor,

I noted that as well. So I contacted my source and this is what I got:

"It is actually the same cigar but they changed the name from the first batch to the second, the first batch was produced for one country the second batch was for the entire region of Latin America"

Hope this helps.

Also the Ramon Allones Gladiator has the same RE Band as the Andino "Andino B.P.E.+

regards

Lars

Yep, the Andino PL is a second release. The new RA Gladiators have the Andino band also. Comes in a 50 count cab with a metal clasp, with 10 cigars per layer in the cab. Pretty cool presentation.

Yep, the Andino PL is a second release.

Can you clarify if this is then a 2010 re-release (IE an additional 600 boxes) or just a second batch of the original 600 release but with a revised band.

Also PM sent on the RA's.

Trevor.