Free Style - Bolivar B-2 2010 RE Canada

In celetration of my smoking buddies birthday this weekend I wanted to have a cigar a bit out of the normal and somthing a bit more "special". I strongly debated between the Montecristo Grand Edmundo (2010 LE) and the Bolivar B-2 (2010 Canada RE - Box Code LRE ABR 10), after the recommendation of the staff I chose the Bolivar.

I will admit first all that I am a big fan of Bolivar. BBF, Royal Corona's and Petit Coronas are all staples in my humidor. This would be my first RE I had ever smoked and after reading somewhere else these were very similar to BBF I was excited but tried to keep my expectations on keel.

Construction - seemed bang on, very nice looking dark wrappers.

Pre-light draw - good.

Inital draw - straight into medium full, reminds me of how a BBF starts out to.

First Third - Fell back in to below medium, a lot less power than you expect out of a Bolivar. Light toasted tobacco and a hit of coffee. Not too shabby.

Second Third - a bit fuller bodied now, but still lacking much in the way of character.

Third Third - Burn and draw went really wonky and had to relight it a bunch of times. Really nothing but grubbiness and coal.

Unfortunately I would say I was disapointed by this cigar. It was a very young cigar and smoking conditions were not idea. (Cooler night, windy and high humidity). I was expecting some serious strenght to this and I guess I got is weakling cousin.

Score 87

G

post-5330-1281979951.jpg