The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski

CigarmanTim

A great read. A mute boy brought up in a breeding family of non purebred dogs...Sounds like an old well traversed story...it's not. A first book for Wroblewski...he is so descriptive without being wordy...a rarity. This boy is brought up in a great family, with a wildcard for an uncle... I love this book. I dislike works of fiction that paints a pretty picture at the end. This doesn't and it does. I bought this while in Germany and almost returned it when I saw the Oprah sticker on it. It starts off 1st person with Edgar the boy. Wroblewski transitions seemlessy to 3rd person with the dogs and others. Will remind you of Hamlet.

5 Cohibas

A great read. A mute boy brought up in a breeding family of non purebred dogs...Sounds like an old well traversed story...it's not. A first book for Wroblewski...he is so descriptive without being wordy...a rarity. This boy is brought up in a great family, with a wildcard for an uncle... I love this book. I dislike works of fiction that paints a pretty picture at the end. This doesn't and it does. I bought this while in Germany and almost returned it when I saw the Oprah sticker on it. It starts off 1st person with Edgar the boy. Wroblewski transitions seemlessy to 3rd person with the dogs and others. Will remind you of Hamlet.

5 Cohibas

Sounds amazing Tim.

I'll look it up at Borders seeing you gave it 5 Cohibas bud. :huh::hole: