Xikar travel humidor question

godfathermint

Hey everyone,

So I've been looking to get me a humidor and I've noticed the czar has these Xikar travel humidors. Are these any good if I want to use them as a desktop humidor? Or should I just look into finding a normal wooden humidor? Oh and where can I get a normal wooden humidor? =P

Thanks guys! =)

Personally, I would not use one as a permanent humidor. They do a great job at protecting cigars during travel, and being airtight,

keep in humidity. But I don't like the idea of the foam inserts as a long term home for cigars. This is not to say one couldn't use

these as a humidor - it's just personal preference.

As to finding wooden desktops, there are many places online. Try a google search - I'd prefer not to post links to sites here on the forum.

I would echo Colt on this. While they are great for the purpose they serve, for longer term storage it would be best to go with a cedar humidor. Even if you go the Coolidor route in the future, it is wise to keep your cigars in their boxes when storing them in the cooler and putting singles in older cigar boxes that have been emptied, and preferably made of cedar.

Colt hit the nail on the head.

A good 5- or 10- count travel case humidor is perfect for getaways / long weekends. The Xikar ones are great - I think they're made for them by Pelican case, and they're freakin' indestructible (I have many for firearms stuff and survival kits and gear).

But yeah, you really need some cedar-lined "breathing room" for more long-term stuff (past a week or two), to have your cigars stay at their best.