Cohiba Siglo Tubos Question?

SirSmokeALot

Does anyone know what "year" the Cohiba Siglo line started coming out with the Tubo's? Specifically, the Siglo VI cigar?

I'm also wondering when the cohiba switched over to the new bands, anyone know what month and year that was? Sometime in the early 2000s but wasn't sure which year.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Does anyone know what "year" the Cohiba Siglo line started coming out with the Tubo's? Specifically, the Siglo VI cigar?

I'm also wondering when the cohiba switched over to the new bands, anyone know what month and year that was? Sometime in the early 2000s but wasn't sure which year.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Like Habanos2000 said, use the references that are out there - Trevor's webpage, along with other available resources out there, are a wealth of information.

That said, regarding the band, the changeover to the new gold-embossed band was mid-2003. I've also verified this on Trevor's webpage, as well as this is the date reference given in the Habanos S.A. book "The Complete Guide for Habanos Enthusiasts". This reference book, along with the MRN encyclopaedia, are great references.

Regarding the tubos for the Siglo VI, that date that you mention doesn't sound good. It appears that the cigar was released in 2002, but wasn't available in a tubo until 2006/2007. Now, Trevor's webpage says circa 2008, but that's off (sorry Trevor - IMO, note on this). My first tubo of these VI's was bought in December 2007, and it had an early (Mar?) 2007 box date. And then when I had another, in April 2008, right in Cuba, it was a mid-2007 box date. But I'm 100% sure of the 2007 availability of it, bought right from the horse's mouth.

Either way, definitely not 2004 for the tubos version, although the VI was indeed around at that point.

Like Habanos2000 said, use the references that are out there - Trevor's webpage, along with other available resources out there, are a wealth of information.

That said, regarding the band, the changeover to the new gold-embossed band was mid-2003. I've also verified this on Trevor's webpage, as well as this is the date reference given in the Habanos S.A. book "The Complete Guide for Habanos Enthusiasts". This reference book, along with the MRN encyclopaedia, are great references.

Regarding the tubos for the Siglo VI, that date that you mention doesn't sound good. It appears that the cigar was released in 2002, but wasn't available in a tubo until 2006/2007. Now, Trevor's webpage says circa 2008, but that's off (sorry Trevor - IMO, note on this). My first tubo of these VI's was bought in December 2007, and it had an early (Mar?) 2007 box date. And then when I had another, in April 2008, right in Cuba, it was a mid-2007 box date. But I'm 100% sure of the 2007 availability of it, bought right from the horse's mouth.

Either way, definitely not 2004 for the tubos version, although the VI was indeed around at that point.

Thanks for all your help! I've got to get a copy of that Habanos SA book.

I did check out the that website, actually found it prior to posting this thread. However, judging from personal experience those dates seemed a little off which is why I posted here. Also, it would be nice to know the month along with the year which isn't clear on that website. I'm in the process of buying some cohiba siglos from 2003 and knowing the exact month the new bands started coming out would be really helpful.

I've scoured the Internet and still can't seem to find the exact year/month when cohiba started packaging the siglo's in tubes, specifically the Siglo VI. Before I confront the person who sold me these claiming they were from 2004, it would be nice to be able to confirm the right year.

I do appreciate CanuckSARTech sharing his experience. Can anyone else comment on when they first saw the siglos coming out in the tubos or know where to find this information?