Hello all.

I've been talking with other board members about a planned trip to Paris in September. The wife and I are looking for some hotel recommendations. Just thought I'd post it here to see if any other members might have some ideas. Something in the 1st thru the 8th Arrondissements region.

Thanks in advance gents!

Chris

Hello all.

I've been talking with other board members about a planned trip to Paris in September. The wife and I are looking for some hotel recommendations. Just thought I'd post it here to see if any other members might have some ideas. Something in the 1st thru the 8th Arrondissements region.

Thanks in advance gents!

Chris

I don't know what kind of hotel you're looking for, but I stayed at the Hotel Regent on Rue Madame back in 1992. It was nothing fancy, but it was in an old

neighborhood near Luxembourg gardens. Easy walking to everywhere (at least to me), and at the time, very inexpensive (it was about U.S. $350 for a week).

I have no complaints, but I spent very little time in the hotel - basically just to sleep. If you're looking for something more "swank" and with many amenities,

this probably isn't for you. If not, it might at least be worth checking into.

Have a great time!

while I've never been there yet (maybe next year), I'm a big fan of Rick Steves who supports travelling like a local and staying at smaller hotels run by families as opposed to the big chains. If you get the opportunity I recommend picking up his Paris guide book, lots of great ideas not only on hotels and neighborhoods to stay in, but also the best restaurants and things to see. Enjoy your trip!