PCs vs. Mille Fleurs

vision

PCs for me...just becasue some of my favorite smokes are of the PC vitla. However, aren't the Mille Fleurs long filler now too? At least the hand made ones like RyJ.

PCs for me...just becasue some of my favorite smokes are of the PC vitla. However, aren't the Mille Fleurs long filler now too? At least the hand made ones like RyJ.

Yep, Mille Fleurs are long filler now.

I don't know about PC/MF comparisons. I've looked at Partagas Mille Fleurs, but not bought them. They're about the same price as the Partagas Petit Corona Especiales, but the PMF's are advertised as a lighter blend... so I keep going for the PCE's and have been happily rewarded for doing so!

I've also looked at the RyJ MF's, but bought a box of RyJ PC's instead. They're pretty good, but don't necessarily have me jumping up and down. Maybe I'd try their MF's next time, but having had great experiences with other PC's in the same price range it would be hard to make that leap without trying a single first.

My most trusted PC's:

Bolivar PC (a crowd pleaser)

Diplomatico PC (while they last - discontinued 2010)

Partagas PCE (my vote for best bang for the buck)

Por Larranaga PC (cab/50 only, but so good that won't last long)

Ramon Allones PC (good luck - discontinued 2002)

Are you sure the Mille Fleurs are made with long filler? I thought the big change was they are now made with a mat process which allows them to be called handmade, but they still use short filler. In fact, I think my ryj are not made of long filler. ie you can see the chopped tobacco.

Are you sure the Mille Fleurs are made with long filler? I thought the big change was they are now made with a mat process which allows them to be called handmade, but they still use short filler. In fact, I think my ryj are not made of long filler. ie you can see the chopped tobacco.

What's the box code or year on your RyJ MFs?

As for a fuller bodied smoke I agree with the Party PCE. Strong spice and cedary flavors abound, however I do prefer them with at least 3 or 4 years on them. Worth the wait IMO. I think the RyJ MFs are better OTB but.................not a Partagas.

RUT abr 09

I'm almost positive that all the newer (and 09 is definitely newer) productions RyJ MFs are long filler hand made cigars.

I'm almost positive that all the newer (and 09 is definitely newer) productions RyJ MFs are long filler hand made cigars.

Smoked one last night, at first it looked like short filler with droppings coming off the cigar but after breaking apart the stub it is indeed long filler.

Smoked one last night, at first it looked like short filler with droppings coming off the cigar but after breaking apart the stub it is indeed long filler.

Yeah...I thought so. Remember reading a year or two ago that they were now long filler and handmade. I do enjoy the RyJ MF and pretty much always have a box on hand. I often smoke them while doing chores in the yard, putting up/taking down holiday decorations, etc. Not complex, but still flavorful and don't require much thought.

Quick question; Which provides more of a full bodied smoke? MF, PCE, or RASS. I generally smoke BPC and looking to expand. Although I had a few Party Shorts...not a huge fan. D-

The BPC is a pretty strong smoke. I'm smoking MAR 08 currently & they're excellent. Not too pricey either. You'll find the MFs quite mild in comparison.