Sarah's Key by Tatianas De Rosnay

CigarmanTim

Wow! I just finished this one....I put this one up there with The Kite Runner.

Based in Paris, France WWII. I call this book Historic Fiction. It weaves a ficticious character and story around historic facts. A wonderful read about a young Jewish girl who's life was alter by the Vel' d'Hiv roundup. A great storyline about the guilt this young girl felt and her ability or lack of to come to terms with that guilt. Get this one. You won't be sorry. Only about 300 pages.... grab your favorite double corona, best libation and read on into the night.

My book of the year so far.

5 out of 5 Cohibas...Finished it last week and I'm still thinking about it.

• 3 months later...
Wow! I just finished this one....I put this one up there with The Kite Runner.

Based in Paris, France WWII. I call this book Historic Fiction. It weaves a ficticious character and story around historic facts. A wonderful read about a young Jewish girl who's life was alter by the Vel' d'Hiv roundup. A great storyline about the guilt this young girl felt and her ability or lack of to come to terms with that guilt. Get this one. You won't be sorry. Only about 300 pages.... grab your favorite double corona, best libation and read on into the night.

My book of the year so far.

5 out of 5 Cohibas...Finished it last week and I'm still thinking about it.

Certainly sounds like a great read. Can you elaborate on why the young Jewish girl has so much guilt? I'll look into it next time I pass by borders.