newbi question , Aging your cigars

Hi , i am a newbi.I have been reading the site for a week or so and are seeing a lot of people like to age there cigars.As a newbi to the CC word, should i age my cigars or just smoke away.I am not a collector.I like to smoke all my cigars.I love cohibas ,opus x's and pardom 1926's,But i have never aged them.will it make them better.

Smoke away!! Not too be a prune, but alot of newbie smokers wont have the pallet too differ between fresh and and 10+yr old cigar. Myself, I like the "umph" and power of freshies. Plus you never know when a cigar has expired.

My plan is too smoke within 5yrs. Been running into alot of early 90s cigars that have lost everything .

Combination of the two. Keep on smoking away and enjoying them, but maybe allocate a box or two every now and then to put away. Oddly enough, it will take time to age them, and maybe by the time they're ready you'll be too.

I've found it's almost like aging wine. Most of the time it's not going to make a huge difference, in some it will decrease quality, and some absolutely require it.

Personally - I think the OpusX does far better after it's had some time to settle down and smooth out. Where as God of Fire absolutely does not need it at all, and a Rocky Patel Vintage isn't going to change a whole heck of a lot.

+1 it's totally like wine

buy a sampler, if it's good and you like it, but somehow "missing something", buy another one (or a case) to age

if it doesn't fit your palate at all you can forget about it

You may even want to try acquiring some aged smokes to try, to see of you enjoy them; they are a different taste than freshies altogether.

If you do, try buying boxes of smokes you enjoy rather than singles or fivers, so that you are buying more than you smoke. That way, aging comes naturally.

If you can't seem to buy faster than you smoke, get married. :cigar: