Tobacco beetle....a thing of the past?

A recently received box of JL #2 had one cigar w/what appeared to be a beetle hole? I inspected remaining sticks and found no other signs. Also found no beetle, dead or alive, and as mentioned there was no additional signs except for the hole. I have had one experience w/beetles in the past, when I stored a friend's 5-pk of Monte 4's that he bought while on vacation. Luckily the 5-pk was placed inside a plastic bag, so when I transferred them to my humi I kept them in the baggie and left the baggie closed. While doing an inspection of all my cigars, (which I tend to do about every 4 months or so) I noticed something moving in the plastic bag. After opening the bag and the 5-pk box, one on the Monte's had several holes in it, and one had just two holes and the others were untouched. Killed the beetle and froze the remaining cigars. The hole in my Juan Lopez cigars was very similar to the one found in the Monte's, that's what raised my suspicion, thus I froze the JL's. Normally I do not freeze my cigars once received.

never had a single issue and I rest easy with the avanti unit keeping things a crisp 65 degrees.

No problems with any of my 2005 or older stock. My cabinet spent 2 days in a moving truck of questionable temperature a little over 2 years ago and still not a single beetle. I have been one lucky SOB. In my 10 years of sourcing and smoking CCs never a problem.

Hell in my 20 years of storing cigars I have never had an issue.