WHAT GRINDS 'YOUR' GEARS....?

Things are different here in Canberra and NSW.

Even when on a ridiculously busy freeway, and needing to change lanes, we just use our indicators and someone will let you in. I guess its why indicators were invented.

Indicators really should be called "intentionators". They are used to tell other drivers of your intention to move lanes.

edit: by the way, Im wasnt intending to be condescending... but coming from a place where its not a problem - I just cant fathom the whole "impossible' to change lanes stuff.

Things are different here in Canberra and NSW.

Even when on a ridiculously busy freeway, and needing to change lanes, we just use our indicators and someone will let you in. I guess its why indicators were invented.

Indicators really should be called "intentionators". They are used to tell other drivers of your intention to move lanes.

edit: by the way, Im wasnt intending to be condescending... but coming from a place where its not a problem - I just cant fathom the whole "impossible' to change lanes stuff.

Hi Rob.

Normally there is no such thing as impossible here in Melbourne either and indicators 'intentionators' usually work. The problem were the increased amount of trucks on the other lanes and truck drivers here just don't really care to give way/let one nudge in. (Big vehicle syndrome I guess) :rotfl:

I'm with Mika. I've had it with these poncy passive-aggressive knobs who think they own the road and can drive like a snail to inconvenience everyone else.

Thank you. :rotfl:

Amen to that Mike! :rolleyes:

I hate slow drivers in the fast lane. It irks me even more when they are chatting on their cellphones. I just reach into my glove box, pull out a .45 and unload a few rounds at their car. At that point they usually readily allow me to pass.

I hate slow drivers in the fast lane. It irks me even more when they are chatting on their cellphones. I just reach into my glove box, pull out a .45 and unload a few rounds at their car. At that point they usually readily allow me to pass.

Tempting as that may be...

I've often thought a couple of paint-ball guns mounted in my grill would be nice to have. It won't get the slowpokes out of the way, but imagine the look on the their faces when they get home and find the lovely "artwork" on their rear bumpers!

BTW, I have noted some commonality in the types of cars going ridiculously slow and blocking other drivers from getting on with it. I particularly see a lot of Volvos leading highway parades. Volvo made their mark on the American market pushing safety for decades. I think there are a lot of drivers attracted to them that also mistakenly believe slower is always better, even when it impedes traffic.

A lot of accidents are caused by people who are never in them. Going with the flow is really much safer for everyone... that, and maybe outlawing Volvos!

A slow driver in the fast lane is either ignorant of the law, oblivious to those around him or careless of others. Any of these makes him a hazzard and they should be ticketed.

I hate people who make commitments or appointements without follow through.

Tempting as that may be...

I've often thought a couple of paint-ball guns mounted in my grill would be nice to have. It won't get the slowpokes out of the way, but imagine the look on the their faces when they get home and find the lovely "artwork" on their rear bumpers!

BTW, I have noted some commonality in the types of cars going ridiculously slow and blocking other drivers from getting on with it. I particularly see a lot of Volvos leading highway parades. Volvo made their mark on the American market pushing safety for decades. I think there are a lot of drivers attracted to them that also mistakenly believe slower is always better, even when it impedes traffic.

A lot of accidents are caused by people who are never in them. Going with the flow is really much safer for everyone... that, and maybe outlawing Volvos!

Hence the term/brand: "Volvo driver" :o