Homebuilt Cabinet Humidor

sam

Thanks to all for the suggestions on my humidor (pics and description posted on Jan 12). Stargazer14 and other suggested that I replace the stainless steel screws with brass marine screws. Do you really think the oxidation from these screws could cause a problem? I initially considered brass screws, but decided it wasn't necessary because they are so small and the air is replaced regularly since I often I open the cabinet to fondle the stock. (The capacity of the humidifier is so great that the humidity returns to 65 almost immediately).

Stargazer, as an aside, what kind of a boat is that on your ID? My ride is a 26 Skiffcraft. Not a great woody in the great scheme of things (I'm looking to trade up to a twin screw Lyman some day), but good style and functionality for a chips and cheese cruiser on Lake Minnetonka.

Stargazer, as an aside, what kind of a boat is that on your ID? My ride is a 26 Skiffcraft. Not a great woody in the great scheme of things (I'm looking to trade up to a twin screw Lyman some day), but good style and functionality for a chips and cheese cruiser on Lake Minnetonka.

Mine is a 1968 Trojan Bimini SeaSkiff (no fly bridge), it's the perfect old woodie for the upper chesapeake, shallow draft, great for fishing alone, or having the family on, or 8 buddies for a cocktail cruise(11" deck on the rear).

I have rebuilt it twice, once mainly to get the hull back to floating with new decks also, but this past year I kept it out to strip it all down, rip the guts and joists out and totally redo the interior & lift the roof an inch.

Cant wait for this summer. It still has the original single Ford Interceptor 289 which runs great.

I looked at Lymans when shopping for this but most had soft tops and i wanted the semi-enclosed cabin.

I'm thinking of building a small humidor into the cabin somewhere!

Attached is a brochure page from the 1967 model.

post-4863-1269802116.jpg