Partagas flavor profile

Hey all,

After searching quite a bit, I can't seem to find the answer to a question I've got. I've recently had a few Party Shorts for the first time, and am in love. The only problem is that they're, well, short. I'm picking up what I think* is sweet mushroom off the start, not sure how else to explain it, but it's just fantastic. My question is that if one would like to find a "long" version of the Party Short, what would it be ? Is this profile a Partagas thing, or limited to the short ?

Thanks in advance !

-innova

I get more of a spiciness than a sweetness off the Party short, and while I would describe it as earthy rather than mushroom, I would say that much of the Partagas line shares this profile to different degrees. My personal suggestion would be to try the 898V. To me that is the classic Partagas flavor profile which I find a bit of in the Partagas Short.

yea, the 898 is the best of the current line of cigars although if you can manage to find some Lonsdales from cabs in 02 or Seleccion Privadas of any vintage dont hesitate to jump on them.

Somebody once told me that the Party Short is the grandson of the Lusitania both in terms of size and flavor profile. I think the Short is a little more fiery than that at heart. There is a certain leathery spice kick plus a healthy dose of Cuban terroir that is absolutely amazing in such a small stick. I love them, and since I am currently out of personal stock, I am eagerly awaiting another HQ box or cab from Pres. Patience is not one of my virtues...

Thanks for the replies everyone, your input is greatly appreciated! Looks like it's between the 898V and Lusi, although I'm kind of leaning towards the 898Vs at this point. I guess there are people with worse problems in this world.

I dont think the Short is in line with the Lusi (relatively speaking of course), I'd head for the 898 if you want that flavor, tho I do love a Lusi.

And this is just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

Agree with you and I would either do the Lusi or 898.

Definitely, the 898 is the closest in terms of flavor to the Party short. My favorite Will always be the #4 though. I recently had a Party #4 reserve that blew me away.