Upmann Robusto Travel Humi

I've done a couple of searches, and thought I looked pretty carefully through the results, but I haven't seen a review on the contents of the travel humidor. Did I miss a thread? Are those who own them saving them for their great-grandkids? Is it just a big secret?

Anyone? Anyone?

My first thought is that they would be pretty good, comparable to the connie 1...

I've done a couple of searches, and thought I looked pretty carefully through the results, but I haven't seen a review on the contents of the travel humidor. Did I miss a thread? Are those who own them saving them for their great-grandkids? Is it just a big secret?

Anyone? Anyone?

My first thought is that they would be pretty good, comparable to the connie 1...

I have been waiting patiently as well, being a self-proclaimed Upmann *****. But, since the prices continue to go down I can afford to be patient.

I have been waiting patiently as well, being a self-proclaimed Upmann *****. But, since the prices continue to go down I can afford to be patient.

I would review it but I have never had one. Along the same lines flavour wise as the Connie 1? Would love to know.

I would review it but I have never had one. Along the same lines flavour wise as the Connie 1? Would love to know.

Cancel that. If I remember correctly Jose gifted me two, one for me and one to bring back for Ken. Both were consumed in Cuba fresh. I can't recall them either in a good way or bad.

Sorry ken ;)

Got my hands on one of these humidors recently - beautiful piece of kit but probably not the most practical way to carry a few cigars around - am letting them rest for a while and will post a review and some pics as soon as I get some time to smoke one....paid through the nose for it btw - but what the hell, win some lose some....

I have Con 1 (DIC 06) and the Robusto from DIC 07. Will try and set some time aside to to do a back to back review. Won't be this weekend though... going Skiing - Steamboat whoo hoo.

Thank you, Sepp, for being willing to undertake a side-by-side review. Enjoy Steamboat!

Prez- It seems you consume a large number of cigars. You are very vocal about cigars which are less than expected. I take it as a good sign that you have no strong memory of them being bad.

I bought 3-4 boxes of them and have smoked a box or so, they are quite stunning. I think they're one of the best Upmann's by far. The review above says one-dimensional but his are from 08 and mine are from 07, so it's quite possible they rolled the 07's from a unique batch.

Hence I stocked up!

I was lucky enough to win one of the traveldors as a price from the Czar. As I posted on another thread nearly a year ago, the gift was about 6 months from dispatch from OZ to delivery to me.

I have smoked just one, and the only strong memory I have of it was that it was underfilled to the extreme. This may have been a product of its not having been humidified wherever it was in the postal system for all those months. It wiould certainly not be fair to generalize about the cigars from my limited experience.

The traveldor is attractive, but it is reusable, as a practical matter, only for Robustos or Hermosos #2 due to its configuraton. THe Monte Edmundo leather travel case is far more suitable for use in storing cigars for travel.