Got my first box with the new label

So I got my first box with the new high security label. It was a box of Juan Lopez SMG ABR08. The new label had been overlayed onto a portion of the old label, and the seller actually removed the identifying numbers.

1. Why would the seller remove the numbers?

2. Why did the new label show up overlayed onto an 08 box? I thought they were only for 09's.?

So I got my first box with the new high security label. It was a box of Juan Lopez SMG ABR08. The new label had been overlayed onto a portion of the old label, and the seller actually removed the identifying numbers.

1. Why would the seller remove the numbers?

2. Why did the new label show up overlayed onto an 08 box? I thought they were only for 09's.?

1. Distributors may not want HSA/Altadis to know where their product is going. Get use to it as it is going to happen more and more particularly as the embargo gets closer to being lifted. Retailer may also be protecting his source.

2. I have seen that as well. Looks like they started on a certain date at the HSA wrehouse and overlayed stock on hand.

He means they are buying from several distributors. Some that should not be selling to them directly. The seller removes the identifying numbers so you cannot find out who the distributor is that sold the cigars to them.

Yup! -P