Warranty Seal

FlyFishingDude

Thanks. I must of got confused between the holographic label and the uv watermark on the warranty seal. All good now. I did happen to notice under the uv black light that a couple of warranty seals revealed the watermark as bright green and then on another the watermark is a barely distinguishable pale orange or pink. Any thoughts on this?

Mike

Thanks. I must of got confused between the holographic label and the uv watermark on the warranty seal. All good now. I did happen to notice under the uv black light that a couple of warranty seals revealed the watermark as bright green and then on another the watermark is a barely distinguishable pale orange or pink. Any thoughts on this?

Direct from my website:

Seal Types. Currently there are several variations of this seal being used.

Paper & Ink. There are two paper & ink types. The first type is a bright white paper printed with a darker shade of green ink that provides a good contrast. Under a UV black-light this white paper strongly fluoresces. The second type is a creamy white paper printed in a slightly lighter green ink shade and has less contrast than bright paper seal. There is no fluorescence from the creamy white paper.

Watermark UV Image. Above the serial number there is a watermark image of the coat of arms (similar but larger than the printed shield) visible only under ultra violet black-light. On the bright white paper types, the image is a poorly defined pinkish-orange colour on the larger box type and not visible on the smaller pack seal. On the creamy white paper seals (including the smaller pack seals) the image is a well defined lemon-yellow colour.

One of my current boxes I can barely make out the seal under the black light. It is very very faint. I wonder if my UV bulb is the wrong wavelength to effectively make the coat of arms fluoresce?

My box of Hoyo's has the same faint uv mark

I'm know Wilkey has explained this scientifically on another site, so I won't attempt. I noticed also on some boxes the watermark is fainter. Perhaps it's the wavelength of my light (cheap one from ebay) and/or some variability with the fluorescent material/stamp itself.

The UV-fluorescent coat of arms varies from extremely bright and prominent to practically invisible. The is a function of their ink composition and coating consistency. On the other hand, the wrong wavelength will not show it up at all. So, if your light is showing some imprints brightly but others almost not at all, it's not your lamp or the wavelength of the bulb.

Wilkey