PLPC URG Sep 10, My first review

Great night here in Southern Ontario and I have decided to put my first review here on FOH. I sampled the first stick out of my cab of Sep.10 PLPCs purchased from the Czar. These have rested about 20 days since receiving them and I decided to take a crack at them. It's my first review so take it easy on me. Took the first stick of the cab out on the front porch with some rum and cokes made with Appleton Reserve.

Appearance/Pre-light Aroma and Draw: Very "rustic" wrapper but overall nice looking, with a nicely packed foot and the cigar felt nice in my hands. Pre-light aroma was quite weak but hints of caramel and tobacco were there. Pre-light draw was pretty tight but manageable, and a grassy flavor came through.

Opening: First couple of puffs brought a nice clean tobacco taste with some peanut undertones.

1st Third: The peanut undertone stayed after the opening, but the caramel flavors I have heard so much about with this cigar started to come through. The burn went quite wonky on me but I figured it may sort itself out. Caramel flavors started to make a more obvious appearance and the peanut was still there. Near the end of the first third I was picking up a lemon peel aftertaste.

2nd Third: When I got into the second third of this cigar the peanut hints were long gone and the caramel was also fading fast. That lemon peel finish came front and center as the dominant flavor and there was some nice acidity there as well. The acidic tastes were welcome and relevant to what was going on with the cigar. I also picked up some tea notes. The flavors were fresh and nice on the palette. A very enjoyable smoke thus far but a departure from what I had heard about this particular stick. Body was a touch under medium and the burn had fixed itself.

Final third: Lemon peel was still the dominant flavor but was joined by a grassy characteristic which evened it out. The citrus and herb notes were very nice and quite pleasant. Now I'm going to throw out a flavor which may sound a bit ridiculous, but it was quite unmistakable for me. The finish was of Cilantro. I know it sounds ridiculous but it was there by complete surprise and totally brought all the flavors home. Fresh is the best way to describe what was going on with this cigar.

Close and final thoughts: This cigar was never unpleasant for me even though it was quite young. While the flavors were not overtly complex, but they were very definitive and it was a pleasure smoking this. When that cilantro finish hit I was dumbfounded, yet enthralled. The rum actually clashed with what was going on in the cigar. I went for a nice caramelly rum based on what I have read about this stick but i totally clashed with what was going on here. This petit corona really surprised me and I'm excited to continue smoking out of this cab. For a young cigar I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I'd give it 89 points right now.

Anyways that's just my take on it, please don't go too hard on me.

Great review. You did a great job describing the flavors of a very young PLPC. The best part of a cab is you can smoke them and see how much they change each time you smoke one. These will only get better. And try to save a few for at least five years. I still have two left from my first split cab from about 5 years ago. Still holding them. Plus have an 09 and 10 cab resting but I try a cigar from each cab every few months.

Again great review.

Thank you

Kwg116