Hello from Hong Kong

bunburyist

Hi everyone, noob as I am started posting before I saw this intro page so....here I am!

Been a habano smoker for 10yrs now, having started relatively young - upon receiving my first student loan payment at uni in London, I did the obvious thing and ran out and bought a humi with 25 Hoyo Des Dieux and 25 Davidoff Mille 2000s....ahh, the tough life of study.

Naturally went through the 'doffs quite quick as they're very nice light smokes (10/10 construction though), but found the Hoyos too peppery as a beginner. Lucky really, as it means I still have a few left.

On a recent return to the UK picked up a LE Bolivar Centenary humidor, which I have no shame in admitting I've hugged to sleep a couple of times.

Current stock is half a cab of RyJ Churchills from 2005*, another box of 2000s (given as a present, but they are good for giving to people who aren't regular smokers), a small box of fresh Cohiba Siglo VIs for my HK friends and a few others picked up here and there. I've also got some Bolivar Royal Coronas on the way from some dodgy Aussie cigar outfit I found online...

I've been working and travelling across Asia for almost 3yrs now (Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, China etc) and have finally settled in Hong Kong for the next year or so. Often have an after-work smoke at the Red Cigar Divan in Central, which is a pleasant rarity now the smoking ban has arrived.

Current favourite is the Trinidad RE....what a cigar that is. Although on a recent visit to London I enjoyed a Por Larrañaga Magnificos, which are not only UK exclusive but also very limited in supply, so pretty much sold out. Absolutely outstanding, as fine, balanced and complex a cigar you're likely to find. £20 (US$35) each, but if you're in the UK you simply must hunt one down. Clearly I like thick gauge smokes, but then I have a fat head, so anything less that 44, especially if long, makes me look like a lollipop.

Happy puffing

Andy

*was surprised by the youtube review of the RyJ Churchill, as mine are quite simply outstanding. :wacko:

thanks everyone - there seems to be a good atmosphere on this forum, I hope I can add to it.

As for not caring for the Trini REs.....that's the beauty of cubans I guess - what tastes great to one is forgettable to another.

The Magnificos are indeed special, the draw on mine was just a little too tight, but the aromas were simply stunning.

Welcome, man!

Damn, you really had to be a beginner to find a HDM strong in any way. A R&J Cazadores would have killed you on the spot, lol!

Welcome, man!

Damn, you really had to be a beginner to find a HDM strong in any way. A R&J Cazadores would have killed you on the spot, lol!

Aye, indeed I was. First proper cigar I ever smoked, although even now I wouldn't say they were mild. Yet to sample the Cazadores - one of those cigars where there's always something more appealing to try...

Hi Mate welcome to FoH a bigger bunch a reprobates you will never find :party:

But seriously it is a good community second to none

Cheers

Oz :P

I'm assuming that's because you can relate to Oscar Wilde's, ahem, "double life"?

P.S. welcome to FOH Andy.

:P:cigar::rotfl: