Monecristo Petit Edmundo URO DIC 07

GoSteelers

I am finding these to be the strongest of the Montecristo Line.

Had some crackers of late which has made me re-evaluate my initial ho-hum thoughts on the cigar.

Still not fully convinced but like its biggest brother the Edmundo....I like the way the blend is evolving (be it intentional or simply use of better tobacco in subsequent years from initial release).

» Very easy draw I remember the last few being fairly tight and burning

» poorly.

»

» Roll seems firm I don't detect any weak spots.

» »

» Burn was pretty horrendous throughout but otherwise a very enjoyable

» smoke. Highly recommended if you don't mind the burn issues

Similar experience here from a 10 box, code BGE Jan 07. Very easy draw, big volume of smoke, but varying draws from the one box.

Burn issues, it seemed to me that the inside was burning much quicker than the binder and wrapper. Time in the humi should even this out as the moisture and oils spread more evenly (I hope...) Otherwise I guess it is an issue of construction that no humidor can fix:-|

One thing interesting I noticed was that the aroma of the smoke straight off the tip had a little harshness to it but the actual flavor was very smooth.

Out of the larger ring cigars that I have right now, these Montes are much nicer smokes when young compared to the HdM Petit Robustos.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Beautiful Saturday morning for a smoke and Espresso on the deck.

image8021.jpg

Pre light

Very nice looking cigar smooth wrapper with small veins coffee & cream color smells of an abandoned barn no ammonia on the nose.

The pre light taste is excellent I could enjoy this for a while without even lighting, no bitterness cedar and fresh straw.

Very easy draw I remember the last few being fairly tight and burning poorly.

Roll seems firm I don't detect any weak spots.

Takes a match very well caramel and toast with a very light cedar finish.

A couple of draws in the fire finds a weak spot and the burn gets a little uneven, last one i had from this box actually burned a hole in the cigar about a 1/4 inch below the corona, eventually evened itself out I hope this one will too.

image8035.jpg

Nice medium gray ash you can see a slight break from each drew and it hold for a little over an inch.

Burn tries to even itself out but then finds another weak spot, taste of light peppery spice but with a creamy smoothness at the same time.

image8036.jpg

Gaining some strength now as ground pepper is really coming through, love a Saturday morning Monte & Espresso buzz!

Burn has gone to **** but doesn't really bother me except for the fear of being burned.

Finishes off with a lot of red pepper spice on the lips but still a creamy sweetness with a nutmeg finish.

Burn was pretty horrendous throughout but otherwise a very enjoyable smoke. Highly recommended if you don't mind the burn issues and I have seen this in all of the 4 or 5 I have smoked from this box.

image8037.jpg