shrink

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A “Newbie’s” Guide to Developing a Relationship with Your Habanos Vendor For the Cuban cigar consumer, the vendor is arguably the most important link in a long chain that begins in the fields of Cub

Nice writeup Shrink! Thanks for taking the time to create this, I know it took quite a bit of time. I remember back when I was reading the CA Cuban forum and reading all the guys saying how they are

Very good post. I know personally its a trust thing for me. When you get a call from some long haired fellow in Australia on his dime to BS a bit that make a connection in a positive way. Prez...I hav

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As everyone here has said, excellent advice. You surely saved newcomers to habanos a lot of frustration and $$$! Well done.

Thank you for this Shrink, even though this was written in 2007.....doesn't seem like much if anything has changed.

I am very new to the world of Habanos......not cigars mind you. I have printed this out...highlighted the important things, and will be a great reference when i take the plunge next month.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok so If we are not allowed to talk about sources on forums, How are we supposed to look after members who have joined. I mean shouldn't we try our best to put people who are selling fakes out of business ? and help our fellow friends of Habanos   get great deals on  authentic  CC.

Thats my thoughts for what ever its worth probably not much  lol :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bb360 said:

Ok so If we are not allowed to talk about sources on forums, How are we supposed to look after members who have joined. I mean shouldn't we try our best to put people who are selling fakes out of business ? and help our fellow friends of Habanos   get great deals on  authentic  CC.

Thats my thoughts for what ever its worth probably not much  lol :)

Because no-one here wants to deal with a defamation case.

Yeah ok i can kind of get my head around that but in any case there are some retailers who just flat out sell fakes I mean Cohba 1966 for $300 for two boxes, they need to be exposed.

And then thier are reputable ones who offer great prices on good products , I mean lets face it guys where all after awesome smoke at low prices its not all about making distributors wealthy.

In the Twitter age, item one of the first post in this thread is wise advice but unfortunately radically foreign.  This advice is the best approach.  Too many idiots who wrongly accuse legit vendor without thinking first and vice versa. 

FOH is a great place for CC and is my goto vendor besides Cuba in person. Their prices are not that much more than Cuba with service that is second to none.  Most people are here because FOH have been recommended to them.  This forum is not free so understand why this forum exists and why it's here.  Out of respect for our host this is not a good forum to discuss other sources.  There are other forums, places and means for that.

Yes 

Well that all makes sense I understand your point of view.

But I still think thier should be some protection or advice on which sites to purchase from.

Some vendors are straight out thieves one in articular has 7 other sites. There should be some choice not one retailer.

• 3 months later...

I'm so happy I stumbled across FOB! I have not placed an order anywhere yet but have searched far and wide for a good community to get great knowledge on my new hobby, and it looks like I've found it! Now to make some room in my humidor, get off my ass and place an order!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A newbie here, but not new to CC. I have been buying form various sources, some online and many retailers in Europe, and recently begun to search for a community that is knowledgable and enthusiastic and just as importantly, active, in discussing one of Cuba's best exports :). I was a member of a different forum and not much expert discussion was going on and I am hoping to be able to get some major education as well as feedbacks on FOH. In the near future O hope to post some pictures of my recent purchases in Europe for evaluation and some interesting discussions.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Thank you for taking the time to compose such an informative and well written post. It is much appreciated by those of us just beginning our journey of collecting CC’s via the internet. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk