Favorite short smokes on the river

DiBo12

Hey folks! Making my first post on the forum and was excited to see a fishing category! There’s nothing more satisfying to me then wetting a fly and having a good smoke.

While fishing I love a shorter sticks, especially since I’m so focused on the river, watching my fly, or adjusting my drift/mending that I’m not usually able to fully enjoy a larger vitola. What are some of your favorite shorter smokes when out on the water? I just recently crossed over to the dark side (CCs) I would love to hear your guys suggestions for Cubans as well as NC. So far I’ve tried a HU half corona and Monte 5 on the stream, and they were both perfect for the setting. On the NC I’ve recently enjoyed BV’s and Tat Havana VI’s. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never tried fishing before, but for short CCs I highly recommend you to puff Partagas Shorts too since it's one of the great short CCs and tasty as HUHC 👍. It's a wondeful 59-minute bold Partagas flavour ride and packs a punch (similar to Lusitanias but stronger and more intensed), so I'm sure you'll enjoy this CC as I did if you enjoy full flavoured CCs as well 🙂.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2022 at 5:51 PM, Connoisseur Kim said:
I've never tried fishing before, but for short CCs I highly recommend you to puff Partagas Shorts too since it's one of the great short CCs and tasty as HUHC . It's a wondeful 59-minute bold Partagas flavour ride and packs a punch (similar to Lusitanias but stronger and more intensed), so I'm sure you'll enjoy this CC as I did if you enjoy full flavoured CCs as well .

ahh yes. I’ve heard so many good things about the Shorts. I was gonna pull the trigger on some Party Mille Fleurs recently but someone told me to try the Shorts instead. I keep these atop my list thanks Kim!

On 12/18/2022 at 9:07 AM, Nevrknow said:
Huhc and Monte 5. Good choices. I prefer Quinteros or RG's because of accidents I have while fishing. Beer May or may not be involved on those occasions.

Nothing wrong with those marcas at all! Especially when doing outdoor activities. No need to waste something expensive when you take a spill in the water!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DiBo12 said:

ahh yes. I’ve heard so many good things about the Shorts. I was gonna pull the trigger on some Party Mille Fleurs recently but someone told me to try the Shorts instead. I keep these atop my list emoji3.png thanks Kim!

No problem @DiBo12! Partagas Shorts is definitely one of the finest premium quickie CCs and CCs I'd like to stockpile as many as possible (highly recommend getting 50 cab version since it's rounder and more is better) 🙂.

For Party Mille Fleurs, I can't talk about these CCs in details as I've never puffed them before, but AFAIK Shorts are premium Partagas CC while Mille Fleurs are C&C Partagas CC. Also, I heard that RyJ Mille Fleurs have more positive reviews than Party Mille Fleurs.