Deep Dive: H. Upmann Noellas

El Presidente

H. Upmann Noella   

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Deep Dive: H. Upmann Noella 

Before Cigarmageddon these were excellent value.  I thing they are an excellent corona. Under medium bodied but with some real complexity. Smoke them slow. 

H. Upmann Noella 

• Do you like  H. Upmann Noella 
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a  H. Upmann Noella 
  • Do the poll!

Let's talk H. Upmann Noella    :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES

UN1 (2).jpg

Maybe my favorite CC. To my pallet, the fullest of the Upmanns by a good margin, like almost a different blend entirely from the core range. I "stepped up" to these after falling in love with the Upmann PC, they are not the same cigar/blend at all though. I find them to be quite full and Rich. Much more coffee, leather and licorice. I feel like they're almost a blend between Upmann and Partagas. Great "end of the night" cigars with a real backbone to wakeup a pallet you've been abusing all day. I'm working through a couple 16 jars and I have an 18 resting. At $125 a jar until late 2019 these where probably the best deal in Cuban cigars. Now, not so much.

• Like 4

Great cigars.  Wish they were available in dress boxes at an everyday price.  They'd make a great every day cigar.  They were worth the price a couple years ago even with the jar.  

• Like 3

Excellent cigars. A great Corona. Not that they are the same blend but they are almost like a mini Sir Winston. Kind of a combo of the Connies and the Mag 50.  

If priced decently they would absolutely be in my regular rotation. 

• Like 3

Yup. Excellent release. In particular I liked the idea of the jar in unit with that blend, which lends itself to aging. Among the best H. Upmann (I do concur with the Swinney-allusion), and the fullest-bodied as well. Upmann on ’roids. Still got a few from OR and some 2013/14 singles. Alas, missed to stock up on time...

I find some similarities in the current tinned Regalías (Linea Retro) though that one seems a tad “tamer”.

I'm a big fan.  Have a few left in one jar and another jar vacuum sealed in the box.  Been using the almost empty jar to store singles that will fit. 

I find them more full bodied than the polling suggests.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I'm a big fan.  Have a few left in one jar and another jar vacuum sealed in the box.  Been using the almost empty jar to store singles that will fit. 

I find them more full bodied than the polling suggests.

Me too. Got 2 left from jar #1 and haven't opened #2. I'm curious if the wax ring actually holds the original seal, but I keep it in my cab humi anyways.

Another cigar along with the SC Torreon that is hamstrung by its packaging and price. $313 (and soon to be more) is just really tough to swallow. At least you get a nice jar with the Torreon but now those are $1,000. 

Great cigars that are victims of poor marketing. 

23 hours ago, MPS said:

Remember loading up on these for like 125 CUC in Havana back in the day. Good times. Will never sell a single jar they are just wonderful cigars. 

122 CUC. You obviously overpaid! JK, I got a couple in 2019 and burned thru the 1st jar in 2020. The 2nd remains as I found it.