Impulse buys........

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was my splurge this year. Didn’t drop as much coin as many here, but it took a lot of fortitude to pull the trigger.      

My 1977 Motobecane 40T moped. Ain't she a beaut!  

Not exactly a buy, but for the second time in 5 years I got ambushed with a puppy at my parents. My cousin’s frenchie had a litter and they couldn’t find a home for this girl after 5 buyers fell throu

18 minutes ago, 01Vert said:

Supercharger and all supporting bits from a 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra to go with the motor I bought late last year for my 2001 Cobra.  I saw it was available and bought it the next day. I have to get it all sorted out next year to do the motor swap and changes to the car to accommodate the new supercharger system.    

Car is a keeper as it was built on my sons birthday which I didn’t know when I bought it in 2004.  

Bathroom remodel that’s gotten out of control and now we are adding a radiant floor.  

Roush low profile or a 6-71 dyers blower? 🤣😁😎😉😉

Cut many a hood for those Dyers. Old school ❤️ here for hot rods! 👍

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nevrknow said:

Roush low profile or a 6-71 dyers blower? 🤣😁😎😉😉

Cut many a hood for those Dyers. Old school ❤️ here for hot rods! 👍

The factory unit is an Eaton positive displacement supercharger.  Have to get everything installed and then swap off the actual supercharger to either a TVS screw supercharger or a Whipple.   A 6-71 would look out of place on a 4.6 liter motor….     Old school, I love it just not on this car.  Too ‘modern’ for that look.     Picture of the motor in the car is current.  ProCharger centrifugal supercharger added to the 4.6 4 valve motor.    Motor pic is the new motor I bought.  SEMA show car pulled motor.  Another 4.6 4v but with forged pistons, rods, aftermarket cams, etc.  this will be getting dropped in with a different supercharger on it as the one in the picture was too small for my power goals.  

4D93ED2B-57C1-4E07-9B1C-B108A02EA68A.jpeg

8EEDC55A-7200-4B2F-BB5E-512F5F073AC7.jpeg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, 01Vert said:

The factory unit is an Eaton positive displacement supercharger.  Have to get everything installed and then swap off the actual supercharger to either a TVS screw supercharger or a Whipple.   A 6-71 would look out of place on a 4.6 liter motor….     Old school, I love it just not on this car.  Too ‘modern’ for that look.     Picture of the motor in the car is current.  ProCharger centrifugal supercharger added to the 4.6 4 valve motor.    Motor pic is the new motor I bought.  SEMA show car pulled motor.  Another 4.6 4v but with forged pistons, rods, aftermarket cams, etc.  this will be getting dropped in with a different supercharger on it as the one in the picture was too small for my power goals. 

Niiiice!! Neighbor has a Roush setup on a Roush 427. Kidding about the 6-71. Way to awkward looking on smaller cars for the street. I do miss that whine tho. 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Been looking for a new solar array to upgrade my old one. Was all set to buy a very good, battery ready 13kwh string inverter system... then saw the micro inverters. $17.5k later.... :rolleyes:

Does the sun even still shine enough in SYD for that!?

• Haha 2

At an auction a couple of weeks ago, I capriciously left a stupid low bid on an old LGB train set and I ended up winning it.  Cannot recall a more fun and peaceful endeavor fixing the cars and track up to get it running.  Now I’m just sitting on Craigslist looking for odds and ends trains and track.  Too fun.
 I think I purchased it under the auspices my son would love it but clearly I am having the better time.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fox Sterlingworth said:

A 1973 Enduro.  When I saw it had under 2k miles and it was titled, it was coming home with me.  And I don’t have a motorcycle license 😂

My high school buddy had one back in the day.  I've got fond memories of evading the police through the subdivisions on that noisy little bugger.  Back then, though, the police knew who we were and where we lived.  They always notified our parents that we were breaking the law by riding on the streets without a license, but thankfully, our parents didn't really care too much.  "Try not to get caught"... worked for us.

• Like 2

Nacho Baños? I’ve seen his teles around and had a chance to handle one, fantastic guitar. The research he does is incredible. His books are fantastic too. Love a nice sea foam Strat! Congrats!

9 hours ago, Bords said:

Foam green replica strat. A guy in Spain builds them to exact 60s spec, down to the woods, glues and all logos/stamps. Pickups custom wound with NOS wire and correct materials to 60s spec. Technically a forgery but I am putting paperwork in the case to identify it as a replica in case I croak and my family needs to sell. I really appreciate the attention to detail in honoring the materials and construction that made the originals so awesome.

Not mine here but this is what it will look like when it arrives from Spain next week.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bords said:

Foam green replica strat. A guy in Spain builds them to exact 60s spec, down to the woods, glues and all logos/stamps. Pickups custom wound with NOS wire and correct materials to 60s spec. Technically a forgery but I am putting paperwork in the case to identify it as a replica in case I croak and my family needs to sell. I really appreciate the attention to detail in honoring the materials and construction that made the originals so awesome.

Not mine here but this is what it will look like when it arrives from Spain next week.

Sweet color on that strat!

9 hours ago, Bords said:

You need to post info on the Luthier. I acquire great guitars thru my travels but always send them to my brother Dough. 1st class player. He has yet to sent me a nice soprano saxophone. He is my older brother after all...