Impulse buys........

Impulse buys?........come on....we all do it :D

From Cigars/Watches/Pens/Boats/Cars/Bikes/Tools/As seen on TV/Booze/Clothes/Shoes. We have all scratched some itch this year that has probably equally thrilled and maybe....just maybe come with a little buyers regret. 

Let's list them out people. Who is the  FOH Impulse buy champion. ;)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was my splurge this year. Didn’t drop as much coin as many here, but it took a lot of fortitude to pull the trigger.      

My 1977 Motobecane 40T moped. Ain't she a beaut!  

Not exactly a buy, but for the second time in 5 years I got ambushed with a puppy at my parents. My cousin’s frenchie had a litter and they couldn’t find a home for this girl after 5 buyers fell throu

• El Presidente changed the title to Your 2022 Impulse buys........
4 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I am the proud owner of a battery operated chainsaw 

I managed this one too this year.

Had a tree fall down onto the chain link fence behind my house. My logic was that I already had a bunch of batteries from other battery powered devices lying around, and a chainsaw is always useful.

In terms of usefulness of battery powered yard/house tools:

1. Lawn mower

2. Leaf blower (took me a while to get the hang of it, but definitely useful, also incidentally the most common battery powered device I see among the neighbors on my block).

3. Snow blower (I'm in the "tropical" part of Canada, so I can manage with a battery powered one).

4/5 Tie between weed trimmer and chainsaw.

For all except maybe the weed trimmer I'd say make sure to get an 80v version, and not the 40v versions, as the latter tend to be underpowered.

Also chainsaw will run pretty well on corn/vegetable oil as lubricant.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, wathabanos said:

Does this count? It's not really an impulse buy as I've been wanting one for some time and working factory direct I got quite the discount :)

Let us know your experience with it. 

They have reached out in the past for member promos. Drive it for a few months and let me know how you find the quality/performance. :thumbsup:

28 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Let us know your experience with it. 

They have reached out in the past for member promos. Drive it for a few months and let me know how you find the quality/performance. :thumbsup:

El Prez, Absolutely! I have a Schmécké 400 now and I did a couple videos on it. It's ok, but like a lot of the other units the RH is in a constant swing...

Here's a couple of the videos I did on the Schmécké...

• Like 2

On 11/16/2022 at 4:41 PM, El Presidente said:

I am the proud owner of a battery operated chainsaw 

You see, I had a bush to cut down. It was a big bush. Off to Bunnings I went to get a branch lopper. Home I came with a chainsaw 🙄

It did a remarkable job. I cut the neighbors tree as well. I offer it to everone that I see. There is something empowering about a chainsaw (even a battery one :D) and a cigar at the same time!

Unfortunately, the reality is the bush is the only thing I actually had to cut down. I am contemplating planting fast growing trees just to chop them down in 2-3 years.  It is indeed very vey sad. 

My 2022 worst impulse buy....finalist  :thumbsup:

Oh for the love of God, @WarriorPrincess!! You let him go to Bunnings by himself?!?!?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Lomey said:

Mine is a Solo Stove smokeless firepit. Definitely didn't need it because I have a larger built-in firepit in my backyard. I talked to someone who had one going on Halloween night and told my wife I was going out the next day to get one. I thought it would be perfect for up on my patio/deck closer to my house for when I don't feel like walking the oh about 30 feet out to the one in my yard emoji12.png. Sounds lazy I know.

I do like it though. Smokeless? No, but it does put off less smoke for sure. It also came with a carrying bag and is portable at about 25 lbs.

My mate Jase has one of these. He actually bought the defelector plate, so that @JohnS can keep his legs toasty warm (ie on fire) when we have drinks round the firepit.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MrBirdman said:

@Bijan already knows my answer here: a 4090 graphics card (that barely fits in my full size case and weights over 3 kilos) and fancy 4k/165hz monitor. It is an absolute beast, and I have to say that running games at 4k with Ray tracing and good HDR really does change the experience, especially for games with darkness like survival horror. 

But it was ridiculously expensive for a PC component just so I could run games at super high fidelity (especially since I don’t have time to play any right now!) Gift to myself for the trials of 1L year since I already have too many cigars.

Gezus, I got the 3070 and hardly fit, how big is your case?