MoeFOH's Album of the Week... Week #9

I’m more partial to later albums (especially IV). But as said above, in the timeframe, this is something that must’ve stunned those who heard it for the first time.

I’ll score it 8/10

• Like 4

9 out of 10 because, like the Beatles, I like the earlier Led Zeppelin stuff but invariably I listen to their classic albums from Led Zeppelin IV onwards. "Good Times, Bad Times" floored me the first time I heard it, I mean that drumming is incredible!

• Like 4

Raise hands if you've ever been at a high school party in a friends garage and come out of a stupor wondering how it's possible that Dazed and Confused was still playing. 😁 

Led Zep is strange band for me.  Today, a Led Zep song might pop up on the Bose and I'll love it and seek out more and then tomorrow I'd hate it and skip it.  I think their music is ultimate mood music, if the mood's right they've got songs that are right...but I've never found them to have an entire album that is right for a full listen.  

• Like 3

I'll give it a 9 out of 10. Just because there are bands and albums I like better. But, OMG, can you think of another first album that is such a tour de force?  Talk about saying, "We're here!" And I play drums, badly, just enough to understand how great John Bonham was. Not that the other 3 are any less astounding. 

• Like 2

I like Led Zeppelin they were part of the CD rotation. 8/10 not my favorite Led Zeppelin album but a good one none the less. 

• Like 1

One of the top debut albums of all time.  No real weak tracks.  Over the years as I learned about the amount of ..ahem "borrowing" they did from American blues artists, I lost some respect for them.  But that was more now than then for me.  As a band, they were solid.  Robert Plant IMO is the best rock vocalist ever.  He can go from sweet and bluesy , to raunchy and wild.  I've got tons of their live bootlegs where they go off and do 30/40 minute versions of Daze and Confused.  Everything they've put out, minus that stinker CODA, is listenable to this day. 

9/10 for me.

• Like 3

Growing up this was my favorite band. The first album was a definite 10 in my book. Talk about getting your ears ripped off. Stellar band great progression in the catalog of their albums.  One of my life highlights was seeeing them at Madison Square Garden in 1977. Still get a jolt out of listening to them today.

• Like 2

9/10 for me. Communication Breakdown is one of the most pure "drive rock" songs of all time. You can flip that on in the car on a country road and just drive. Amazing album of tracks that took a complete life of their own when they played them life (D&C and How Many Times in particular). Too young to have seen them live, but the live recordings are pretty amazing.

• Like 1