International pricing policy by Habanos SA

14 minutes ago, djrey said:

Seriously, the jumps are wild. Look into things like Partagas shorts and the like. Can still be found at good prices and should give you your fix. Worst case just jump to the NC train. No need to exit the hobby 

I love a good Padron 1964 and 1926 but even these have shot up price wise for a box. 

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I encourage everybody to ignore that request 

Yeah - “Smoking these may lead to bankruptcy!”

Except for the fact that there are no Cohiba,Behike/Fundadores in Shanghai,Beijing,Tianjin, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chengdu.  If they were rolling around in boxes  of Behike etal, I would believe ha

Just now, SCgarman said:

I love a good Padron 1964 and 1926 but even these have shot up price wise for a box. 

Not sure what they were but I just looked today a Padron 2000s are just under $190. Solid robusto for the money 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SGD316 said:

I don't know who is making these decisions, but it's clear they lack any long term vision. An increase of this magnitude will cause people to either quit the hobby or smoke NCs once they're out. 

Even if revenue stays the same or increases, the loss of market share will become an issue. Add to that to the fact that Cuba's quality control is very suspect compared to NCs and this is all around silly business decision making. 

And what will happen if Cuban tobacco farmers start disappearing. They may just say F-it, and grow food. Heck the entire country is practically in a famine. Don't say it won't/can't happen. Sounds like the incentive to grow tobacco is no longer what it was. Even the farmers get screwed selling the tobacco to the gov't

• Like 1

I'll toss my hat into the ring with "already transition a bit more back to Non Cubans" at this price point. If they are going to ratchet the prices up to Davidoff and above levels they will at least need to bring QC in line with Davidoff or it'll be a rare to never enjoyment for me after I burn through my current stock. Personally I think this is a short term strategy if they are indeed shifting focus just to one region. All it takes is a drop off in one region to wipe out their market. Non Cuban has already incubated a solid selection leveraging the USA during the embargo decades. I can see NC eeking their way into non USA hands at a faster clip at this point. Oh man do I miss the days of cheap D4s and affordable Cohiba/Trinis

• Like 4

Maybe an increase in Nudies production is on the horizon 😬

I got into the CC game just a few years ago, I have a a couple year supply for myself as I was trying to build an aged inventory that would be constant.  I am a working man, so price will affect my consumption. All in all, life could be much much worse. 

Turning the big Four Zero, anyone wanna recommend me a box to gift myself before the prices hit insanity hahah?  Swung and missed yesterday on the HdM DC

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

China's happy. more supply for them. 

wonderful.

Supply is less than half of what it was in the past and they likely were buying more before than total production now.

49 minutes ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

China's happy. more supply for them. 

wonderful.

Couldn't be further from the truth. Supply there is as bad as anywhere else right now.

• Like 3

Pre-war (1st war-to-end-all-wars) Johnnie Walker white label; Sobranie Black Russian cigs (Sobranie House and prior); Asprey silver (Old Bond Street); Colt manufacture AR-15's, The Doors in San Diego, a nice Horch, a horrendously degraded copy of Newton's Principia, Lawn Darts, etc.

All things that I've enjoyed that are no longer available.

This too will pass, and move on to something else - or not.

I'm reminded of a stanza from Omar the tent maker, but I'm far to deep into Fryday to do it justice.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Couldn't be further from the truth. Supply there is as bad as anywhere else right now.

I understand there is a finite amout of cigars available to the entire world. 

But the higher the costs the more cigars that will find their way to China.

Hope that clarifies what I meant. Not that they have more there but the higher the cost the easier they can access...thus making more available there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

But the higher the costs the more cigars that will find their way to China.

Hope that clarifies what I meant. Not that they have more there but the higher the cost the easier they can access...thus making more available there.

They were buying 80% of Cohiba. There's 1/10 the Cohiba. You do the math 😂

1 hour ago, Bijan said:

Cigar smoking is one of the rare hobbies where we're collecting something rare and precious while we're consuming our collectibles and slowly burning our collections at the same time.

Similar to a standout bottle of a single barrel whiskey......most likely there's only 100-150 bottles in existence, so when its gone, that's it. 

• Like 1

• JohnS changed the title to International pricing policy by Habanos SA