International pricing policy by Habanos SA

I don't care about the Cohiba prices, I can even see the rationale behind the it from the company's perspective. I don't understand however why market allocation of Cohiba and Trini will allegedly remain unchanged.

Regardless I just want to be able to buy some Montecarlos or Regios maybe. In my neck of the woods I haven't seen any Montecarlos available for over 3 months already. Previously these cigars came with 3+ years on them almost guaranteed. Come on Cuba, please solve your manufacturing/supply problems!

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I encourage everybody to ignore that request 

Yeah - “Smoking these may lead to bankruptcy!”

Except for the fact that there are no Cohiba,Behike/Fundadores in Shanghai,Beijing,Tianjin, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chengdu.  If they were rolling around in boxes  of Behike etal, I would believe ha

42 minutes ago, SCgarman said:

I will be surprised if all the gray market vendors manage to make it through this and survive. One I use has barely anything for sale. But they do also sell NC's. Still, a dire situation overall.

If I owned one of those large gray market vendors I would be crunching the numbers to figure out a way to close the business.    They have had a great run--gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DikkeSigaar said:

I don't care about the Cohiba prices, I can even see the rationale behind the it from the company's perspective. I don't understand however why market allocation of Cohiba and Trini will allegedly remain unchanged.

Regardless I just want to be able to buy some Montecarlos or Regios maybe. In my neck of the woods I haven't seen any Montecarlos available for over 3 months already. Previously these cigars came with 3+ years on them almost guaranteed. Come on Cuba, please solve your manufacturing/supply problems!

Easier said than done when the country is losing cigar rollers to other cigar making countries. These rollers will actually get paid a living wage in Nicaragua or Dominican and have food to eat to survive. 

4 minutes ago, Frankinho007 said:

https://www.5thavenue.de/sites/default/files/2022-05/Verkaufsprogramm Habanos_Nr.34_01.07.2022_final.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1iRb2B44GoEJTNyO2o0GVptbACSgkAlluKXX4NVwjKVibOJWu-BDdlxEM

Cohiba, Trinidad have been raised the most - no sursprise here

Montecristo 1935 and Romeo's Linea De Oro almost tripled - which is kinda rough and unexpected.

Regular cigars were raised in the usual 5-10% range I'd say.

775 euros for a box of Siglo I?!??!! 🤮

5 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

1425 euros for medio siglo emoji15.pngemoji15.png who would buy that?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That one jumped out at me too. Absolutely comical. That has to be amongst the highest /gram pricing out there now. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Trapper99 said:

I saw that too. That price is similar to the last couple times been up on 24:24

European retail on BHK if I recall correctly is 45-55 CHF or around 50 euros per stick. Only in recent years have retailers jacked up prices above 1000 euros for a box of 10. Heck I used to get the 54 for 20 GBP when they were first released.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AirOne said:

+100% increase compared to the actual official (and retail) price. 

4 minutes ago, dangolf18 said:

European retail on BHK if recall is 45-55 CHF or around 50 euros per stick. Only in recent years have retailers jacked up prices above 1000 euros for a box of 10.

Gotcha. With what they are going for on BR + buyers fee suggest $1800. I imagine BR is going to see a spike in sales as people cash in, and pricing may actually be better than retail so more buyers using that verse other sources. Either way BR is positioned good it seems!

Espy made my mouth drop at $2400

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SCgarman said:

Easier said than done when the country is losing cigar rollers to other cigar making countries. These rollers will actually get paid a living wage in Nicaragua or Dominican and have food to eat to survive. 

Random questions for folks who enjoy both cuban and non-cuban cigars:  do you foresee the quality hitting a level of parity? Is it there already?  Any (subjective) thoughts as to the quality of the leaf being grown in these other countries in comparison to Cuba?  

One of the big reasons I stopped smoking non-cuban cigars circa 2002 was b/c it seemed like the focus was mainly on strength versus the mid to late 90's when I first started enjoying cigars .  I guess I found more nuanced/subtle flavors in well aged and properly stored cuban cigars than I did non-cubans.  I know this is subjective but I'd be curious to get folks thoughts - has this changed in your opinion?

2 hours ago, Kenton1971 said:

One of the big reasons I stopped smoking non-cuban cigars circa 2002 was b/c it seemed like the focus was mainly on strength

There is a wide variety of boutique NCs these days--some are very strong and some are not.

Your question was addressed in more detail in a recent thread:

9 hours ago, SCgarman said:

I will be surprised if all the gray market vendors manage to make it through this and survive. One I use has barely anything for sale. But they do also sell NC's. Still, a dire situation overall. 

I agree, they may make it through but I don't know how they'll do it at this point. I do think it'll be more likely than not. Most products are not positioned to move with these kinds of price hikes. I see a glut of things like Hoyo Epi, RyJ SC, RASS, Monte 2 etc. that will ultimately pile up at distributors and need to be wholesaled out. You won't be seeing any higher end product but I think the gray markets could continue to offer mid-range to low-end product which is the bread-and-butter of the market anyway. 

Cohiba, Trini and higher-end models like SW, Lusi, 898, Monte A etc. will just not be available in gray markets until stock returns to previous levels.