Ramón Allones 40 CARAT Edición Regional Países Bajos

I haven't smoked one yet. In PA here so weather is finally looking good. And obviously need sometime because of the size. But its a 109, I love this size. Same as the Dip Bushido. From what I heard out of the gate its a fantastic smoke. I'll let you know once I do smoke one. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Psiman said:

probably no better than the Gigantes and maybe not as good and probably 2 or 3 times the price. Rather see 6 inch 38 ring gauge panetela's

I would expect it to be better than the Gigantes. HSA has an outstanding track record with their 109s. They're also using the vintage band which is fairly unusual and the packaging format is very unique (SLB 40 has never been done). Everything about this cigar screams effort. 

Obviously anything can be a bust but I would wager quite a bit that these will be at least very good and have the potential to be outstanding.

2 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I would expect it to be better than the Gigantes. HSA has an outstanding track record with their 109s. They're also using the vintage band which is fairly unusual and the packaging format is very unique (SLB 40 has never been done). Everything about this cigar screams effort. 

Obviously anything can be a bust but I would wager quite a bit that these will be at least very good and have the potential to be outstanding.

...agreed .....but.some people are perpetually glass half empty ;)

17 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I sometimes ponder this.

Does my jaded outlook to Tabacuba, what they have done to historical brands and vitolas, my past experience with loser cigars, packaged and advertised as new, better, special or limited keep me from smoking the best of Cuban cigars, or keep me from wasting a lot of my time and money on the worst...?

I suppose I will never know.

I think these cigars, draped in those light wrappers look fantastic. However, not knowing the cost, I don't know that the risk is worth the possible reward for me at this point.

I do miss the days of being able to get some singles. -Piggy

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/regional-edition-ramon-allones-from-cuba-lands-in-the-netherlands

Regional Edition Ramon Allones From Cuba Lands in The Netherlands

Mar 17, 2022 | By Gregory Mottola

Regional Edition Ramon Allones From Cuba Lands in The Netherlands

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I can understand the pessimism in general, but I've learned over the course of the ER program that you have to pick your spots. If you know what you're looking for you can identify a standout with a fair degree of success from certain clues or tells. Not with 100% accuracy but certainly most of the time. 

For example, if someone is asking me about the RA King of North which by all appearances looks like a very vanilla, garden variety, run-of-the-mill release I would probably be pessimistic. Sure, it could be incredible, but as far as pre-game odds, the 40 Carat is different. Recognizing the differences between the two are what guides my opinion. 

• Like 1

Have had the opportunity to smoke 5 in the past month. Totally different profile than any RA that I have smoked; including the Gigantes. Mild-Medium for such a young stick. Have but none left so into the “save” humidor for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

My initial thoughts on this stick, its very young. It's far from a wow stick out of the box. The first 3rd. It really had nothing going for it. It wasn't until maybe the end of the 2/3 when I started getting those traditional RA notes. It burned very well. Good construction. It's very mild, it's not going to knock you off you're feet in any way. Smoke time was about 2 hours. Draw was a bit tight. I'll try again in 4-6 months. 

• Like 3