If you were to add another hobby to your retinue?

9 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

I got an electric guitar figuring I could learn pretty quickly - that’s a no 😁

What I learned was to really appreciate how hard it is and how much I’ll never be able to get it. 

I've been taking guitar lessons over Zoom during the Pandemic.  I certainly can't shred, but I've definitely improved. I have no real endgame planned besides learning some part of my favourite metal/rock tunes. :lookaround:

• Like 3

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to get back into previous ones. Travel and remote control car racing. However both are challenging at the moment. Trevel we all know why. And remote control car racing in my area has kind

I'm currently digging a huge deep hole in my backyard to construct a nuclear fallout shelter. 'Nuff said😱

Me at the thought of adding another hobby to my list:

A barred E and A gets you most anywhere when writing. If I ever required something more, I hired a guitar player. Other than giving me a B sus 9 on occasion, I found that guitar players have no redeeming qualities whatsoever... 😞

@JohnS

• Haha 2

I really enjoy target shooting.  I’m putting a 300 yard range together at my wife’s farm so I can avoid the boneheads at the public ranges. I’d love to learn to shoot clay too. I’ve always wanted to fly but the wife has vetoed that idea. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

if it was that easy we'd all be Pat Metheny.

You can learn to play basic guitar in a matter of months if you apply yourself. Nobody will be Pat Metheny lol

I'm a jack of many hobbies, master of none. 

I enjoy finding old things to fix or restore thatre odd..  

Play with motorcycles

Guns, militaria

Video games still occasionally..

Dabble in cooking still, been in hospitality for going on 15 years owned a catering side hustle for a few years now.. 

Work in human services so enjoy diving into politics, religious and cultural stuff but I try to stay grounded and not get too far into any of that..

Gardening 

Brewed beer until it was about to become very expensive 

Etc??

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 9:11 PM, Fuzz said:

The Kiwis will not appreciate you shooting their sheep. :lol:

No worries. I don't want their sloppy seconds. 🤣

On 3/4/2022 at 8:44 AM, BrightonCorgi said:

Lobster traps.  I'd like to have 10-20 lobster traps that I could manage once or twice a week on the Cape.  A friend has a free dock I could use and we'll just go total pig on the lobsters I get each week.   It's so dramatic pulling up a lobster trap.

I'd like to learn some languages as @Bijan does!

My grandfather retired to Maine and got a personal license. We would run 3 or 4 traps and that was more than enough work (and usually lobster) for my brother, my self and the grandparents. Very hardworking pulling them by hand, but more than worth it! 

I was in to mountain biking when I was in my 20's.  Recently, I walked into the local bike shop "just to check stuff out".  I was amazed at how much the hobby and the quality of the bikes/gear has advanced.  So yeah, I walked out with a new bike.  Hopefully I can keep myself in check and avoid a serious injury.

Another hobby that's do-able (if I had the time) is learning how to weld and build BBQ pits and smokers.

A hobby that I can only dream of is sailing. 

• Like 2