I'm going to Cabo San Lucas on Wednesday.  Has anyone here spent time there?  

Seems like there is a plethora of cigar shops I wouldn't trust, but as luck would have it, there is a La Casa Del Habano right near my hotel, so I know where I will be buying cigars, but where is a good place to smoke them?  I'm sure I will be smoking plenty at the hotel itself, but I also want to venture out.

Any suggestions?

Cabo is small enough to get around. I would just as soon smoke one of those bad boys on the beach! Good food down there and night life. Ask for agua purificado when you get ice cubes

• Like 1

I've been there twice recently. Haven't ventured out of my hotel, but just wanted to note that you should check with your hotel regarding their smoking policy. Things aren't as laid back as they were 5+ years ago. The hotel I was staying at had a crappy smoking section. Wish I had known sooner so I could've made arrangements to stay somewhere else.

• Like 2

Just now, SigmundChurchill said:

Do they have tables outside where they serve drinks?

Yup! It's just on the street so it's high tables. You can actually just order a drink and smoke your own stock, which is what I did 4 years ago when I saw a BBF was $40! 

• Like 2

I usually buy the cigars and bring them back to the resort and smoke them either on the balcony or near fire pits that overlook the beach. Usually at night nobody cares. My wife has a timeshare there and we used to go before the kids were born. Can’t wait to go back. The Mexican food is not good (Surprisingly) but the seafood is amazing. If you like to fish, it’s some of the best. You can also hire a chef to cook the fish you catch. 

Have fun I’m jealous 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

I'm going to Cabo San Lucas on Wednesday.  Has anyone here spent time there?  

Seems like there is a plethora of cigar shops I wouldn't trust, but as luck would have it, there is a La Casa Del Habano right near my hotel, so I know where I will be buying cigars, but where is a good place to smoke them?  I'm sure I will be smoking plenty at the hotel itself, but I also want to venture out.

Any suggestions?

I’ve been there 6 times, love Cabo!  Which property are you at?  Pedregal?

Goto J&J for cigars and grande mojitos. They are legit but pricey because of Mexico taxes but overall it's a great place to visit. My favorite place to eat is the La Cava at the rosewood resort. Cigar friendly and very beautiful atmosphere. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mprach024 said:

That right there is my favorite property in Los Cabos, every room has its own pool, they’ll bring you fresh guacamole and chips and a pale of Coronas everyday at 3pm.  If you’re renting a car, use Dominic Los Cabo’s.  Super super easy and he’s the best.  He’s a New Yorker like you, no car rental lines, the mess with renting Mexico, and you can avoid the nightmare getting out of the airport.  

For Restaurants, right there on property is El Farallon which is terrific and gorgeous.  For other nice dinners, Edith’s is terrific to satisfy your red meat craving, Nicksan is one of my favorite sushi places in the world (just tell them to bring you whatever the chef wants to make until you say stop), and Sunset De Santa Maria is a must.  Go walk up and down Hidalgo and Guerrero, tons of awesome restaurants and bars that you can walk into like Panchos (awesome Mexican food, crazy massive selection of Tequilla, owner is cool dude) and La Dolce.  The marina is full of decent places too but there’s lots of tourist traps so I tend to avoid eating there, but I do like Alexander’s, and Captain Tony’s you can bring your catch if you go fishing and they’ll cook it for you.  For golf, it’s Cabo Del Sol Ocean course, and find a way onto Diamanté (you want the Love course).  Best Fish Tacos are a race between Hacienda Cocina y Cantina and Crazy Lobster on Hidalgo).  Mamas Royals Cafe has the best breakfast (also in Hidalgo) and also The Office which is very cool for breakfast or lunch, tables are out on the beach, skip for dinner.  I can go on and on, ping me if you have any questions or input.  Have fun!!!!!

Some good stuff right here.  Thanks!

We are going to El Farallon the first night we are there.  The concierge made us a reservation at Sunset Mona Lisa.  Is that the same as Sunset De Santa Maria?

So The Office for lunch.  What about Cabo Wabo?  It's a pretty famous place, but the menu doesn't look great for dinner.  Maybe more of a lunch place?

If you’re going to The Office, check out Mango Deck as well. I won the push-up contest there and got a complimentary bucket of beers. Four years later I might have a better shot at the wet t shirt contest. Dad bod is a real thing 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Some good stuff right here.  Thanks!

We are going to El Farallon the first night we are there.  The concierge made us a reservation at Sunset Mona Lisa.  Is that the same as Sunset De Santa Maria?

So The Office for lunch.  What about Cabo Wabo?  It's a pretty famous place, but the menu doesn't look great for dinner.  Maybe more of a lunch place?

Cabo Wabo is a tourist trap bar, more focused on selling you a T-shirt, but it’s depending on what band is playing.  Sammy sold Cabo Wabo years back, so he’s not there as much anymore.  Go, have a shot at night and take a picture and see who’s playing.  Then go to the Giggling Marlin or El Squid Roe or Monkey Bar to drink.  Definitely don’t go there for dinner.

Yeah, sorry Sunset de Mona Lisa, Santa Maria is the beach.  It was late my brain crossed it’s wires. You’ll love that meal.

The Office is overrated for dinner, go to Edith’s instead.  Same ownership, right up the road from each other.  Edith’s is wonderful.

• Thanks 1

On 12/7/2021 at 3:51 AM, SigmundChurchill said:

We are going to El Farallon the first night we are there.

Can confirm El Farallon is good (especially the seafood). Comal was my favorite meal there - it has a great ambiance and view AND the food is good. Acre is another good restaurant - I believe it's a long drive for you, but the food is great and the place is cool. Arbol inside of las ventanas al paraiso (a Rosewood resort) is also good and the hotel is nice to see.

5 hours ago, jonnyfromiranny said:

Can confirm El Farallon is good (especially the seafood). Comal was my favorite meal there - it has a great ambiance and view AND the food is good. Acre is another good restaurant - I believe it's a long drive for you, but the food is great and the place is cool. Arbol inside of las ventanas al paraiso (a Rosewood resort) is also good and the hotel is nice to see.

I’m at El Farallon right now.  Everything has been amazing so far.

I missed this so I hope it isn't too late but the Usual Suspects bar on the marina is very cigar friendly (the owner Tomas is one of us in that regard) and a decent place to watch a football game or the boats coming in the afternoon. 

• Like 1

I was just in Cabo a few weeks ago and apparently I did it all wrong!

Apologies in advance for threadjacking, but I took a bunch of cigars with me in my suitcase. Is that a no-no in Mexico? I seemed to remember some stories of customs charging outrageous tariffs, but didn’t have time to look it up so risked it. Everything was fine going there and back. 

1 minute ago, slowsmoke said:

I was just in Cabo a few weeks ago and apparently I did it all wrong!

Apologies in advance for threadjacking, but I took a bunch of cigars with me in my suitcase. Is that a no-no in Mexico? I seemed to remember some stories of customs charging outrageous tariffs, but didn’t have time to look it up so risked it. Everything was fine going there and back. 

I’ve never had an issue.