Friday Funny: The vid that was the nail in the coffin of jeep in Oz.

I'm the proud owner of a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee on it's second motor with all forms of leaks and squeaks.. I only keep it due to the fact that I have a 100$ deductable for everything and it's paid for.... But I assure you I will never buy a Jeep product again...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I have owned two which makes me an idiot for going back.......:D

:)  the jeep in the video is the same as mine ... same color.... same wheels... ugh... 

• Haha 2

Just a passive observation, but here in the states the most consistently bad drivers are either driving a Jeep or a Prius.

• Like 2

I know that thing in the video is called a Jeep but to me a Jeep is the Wrangler.  

The Wrangler is simple in design; a true off road vehicle; a vehicle you can actually work on yourself (no exotic electronics), and easily customizable.

Those other things that Jeep sells are jeep in name only and typical Chrysler garbage. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2021 at 3:18 PM, Chas.Alpha said:

Just a passive observation, but here in the states the most consistently bad drivers are either driving a Jeep or a Prius.

... on Isla Pigfish they are BMWs and Volvos. Honorable mention goes to Raptor owners.

• Like 1

I bought a new 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and owned it through the end of 2016 when I traded it in on the wife's car.  I bought it for $35K and sold it 8 years later for $27K with 48,000 miles on it (obviously USA Jeep product).  I loved that vehicle - although I used to get ribbed all the time because of the way it sort of wandered all over down the road on its big, knobby tires - also my other car was a Bentley GTC.  Probably can't get two vehicles farther apart in style, function or comfort.  Never had the Jeep into the dealer for work - was one of my most reliable vehicles.

Loved the Jeep JK wave and taking the top and doors off in nice weather.  Still miss my Jeep .... although the video is priceless!

We had a 1960's? 50's? something keep grandpa kept on the farm. Hell he may have brought it back from the war. Who knows. Started driving it at 12. We tried like hell to kill that thing and couldn't. Flip it? Shut her down grab a tractor, turn it back over and keep going. 🤣 Those were the days. 

Now? No way in hell I'd even pull into the dealership.

• Like 2

Owned a few Grand Cherokee/Cherokee over the years and had no issues. Recently had an ‘08 Liberty as an island car. Must be the new ones that suck.