Favorite all time movie/monologue

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Big Lebowski. Yes, it's a film that lost money at the box office in 1998 and has since become an all-time cult classic. There's too many easily quotable lines from that film I can include but the

sorry.... but this makes me laugh... the Movie Waiting... an early Ryan Reynolds vehicle... The "game" and this kid's expressions kill me... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Perhaps it’s too obvious…but i hadn’t seen a Few Good Men in many years, and just rewatched it a month or so ago. Still great.. 

and since I’m here….another one of my top 3 of all time …saw this in the theater at least 3 times. 

• Like 3

On 8/29/2021 at 6:03 PM, Jack said:

Charlie Chaplin - The Final Speech from "The Great Dictator"

*The greatest on-screen speech I believe in the history of cinema...

10 minutes ago, wine_junkie said:

He was in some good shit but that was so poorly acted by him…

Lol, that, I cannot argue. The movie, in this case, is far better than the monologue. Affleck was better in Mallrats than he was in that scene ;) 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 7:32 AM, Ken Gargett said:

another one of those moments in films with mates being mates before the crap lands - from the deer hunter. first time i saw this, that scene was just so relatable. so easy to imagine the squillion times in a pub with mates and music and beers and fun. amazing film but it always stunned me that this moment seemed to be ignored amongst everything else in the film.

then i was watching 'rake' - best aussie series ever about a dodgy lawyer who is so non PC, wonderfully funny stuff - he and his best mate are sitting at some party outside, drunk, arguing, and then this song comes on. one says to the other, "the deer hunter song" and they both stop arguing and rush off to stumble around the dance. floor. i was delighted as i realised i was not the only person for whom it meant something. 

@Ken Gargett you have picked a true classic here. As an Englishman in the early 90s I worked on some of the blast furnaces shown in this film (the town was a composite of several) and the places looked exactly the same. Difficult to describe the atmosphere in these run down, desperate but ultimately proud blue collar towns in Pennsylvania/Ohio/Virginia but the film captures it superbly. Yes its a little bloated in places but it imperfections make it even more beautiful as a film. God I love it and I still love those towns and their people.

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

@Ken Gargett you have picked a true classic here. As an Englishman in the early 90s I worked on some of the blast furnaces shown in this film (the town was a composite of several) and the places looked exactly the same. Difficult to describe the atmosphere in these run down, desperate but ultimately proud blue collar towns in Pennsylvania/Ohio/Virginia but the film captures it superbly. Yes its a little bloated in places but it imperfections make it even more beautiful as a film. God I love it and I still love those towns and their people.

thanks for posting that. it appealed to me because it was so like a bunch of your best mates from uni but the blue town connection provides a different perspective. either way, a great scene. 

6 hours ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

Rodney was a true legend. 

bring him, John candy, and Robin Williams back…and all would be right with the comedic universe for me. And Farley. Always Farley. 

• Like 4

Some ripper ones already. I can add:

Hey Lama, what about a little something for the effort.

I drank your milkshake...

Too old is he to begin the training

Steers and queers

The uzi 9mm...blah blah in 40 watt range

tonight you're the greatest hockey team in the world

And from Kill Bill Vol 1 - hatori honso presents sword to Uma and also Lucy Lou cuts the head off a crime boss and speaks in English.

Rudy gets a talking to

And Eminem winning rap in 8 mile

But the Brando in Apocolypse Now - You're an errand boy sent by grocery clerks and Rutger's time to die I like as monologues.

Movies - Good Bad Ugly Kill Bill 1&2 Godfather 1&2 Once Upon a time in America.... yes I'm old and I can't remember the others. Good night. 

• Like 1