RyJ Petit Royales

My experience to date is that I have only had one, a single thrown in as a promo on some order this past winter.

From what I recall I wasn’t wholly focused on it while smoking, but I seem to recall (albeit a thin recollection) it fondly. 

It must have left enough of an impression that I check prices on these from time to time, but every time I look at the price/size ratio on a box it strikes me as slightly odd however. 

If anyone has any thoughts to please offer on Petit Royales, i would appreciate the opinions.

Do folks find these worthwhile, or are they just a smaller Ex No. 4?

You can get good deals on these. I think I got a 2 box deal around $100 a box, definitely low $100 if not exactly $100. Great deal at that price. Some vendors have them much higher not worth it at those prices. If you like RyJ they're at least as good as HUHC or Monte MC, I would say even better but you have to like RyJ.

Edit: just checked was 2 boxes for $226 total.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m glad to see you concur that there are some significant pricing abnormalities out there on these.

I’ll definitely keep a look out for a similar deal, sounds like you did well on those. 

20 minutes ago, RichG-LI-NY said:

I’m glad to see you concur that there are some significant pricing abnormalities out there on these.

I’ll definitely keep a look out for a similar deal, sounds like you did well on those. 

Yeah I wasn't buying them when they first came out but I think they were originally priced close to Petit Robustos but then moved down to half corona prices. Some vendors still have them closer to those original prices.

8 minutes ago, JohnS said:

My opinion here is certainly biased as I feel that the consensus on FoH is that they are a good, solid cigar but I absolutely adore them.

They are different to the Romeo y Julieta Exhibicion No.4, more fuller and flavours are more intense.

Romeo y Julieta is not everyone's 'cup of tea', so-to-speak. It's not the type of cigar to make one admire the marca if they don't connect with it already.

I agree John. These are definitely fuller and more intense than other RyJ, with the sole exception of the Cazadores. I love the Petit Royales even though I'm generally not a big RyJ guy. Great little stick that packs a ton of flavor. 

• Like 3

Good cigar, high quality. As @Bijan points out DON'T overpay for them. Oddly, this cigar has some of the most extreme price variation worldwide. I've seen close to $200 and I've seen close to $100. Always pay closer to $100. 

They're not for everyone as @JohnS points out. They're full and have a kick. I like them--in fact they're one of the few RyJ I would actually pay for these days. I find them far more balanced and consistent than the Petit Churchills which also have a kick but I find are all over the place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The best pricing I have seen on them lately is around $180...the worst was approaching $250. 

Good info gentlemen, thank you. I will wait to find these closer to $100.

I think they are great. Little powerhouses of coffee and cherry. Def keep an eye out for sales. Like Bijan said, you can find them often for around $230 for 2 boxes. For some reason some vendors price them really high at which point it isn't worth it as they are quite small cigars. 

My opinion here is certainly biased as I feel that the consensus on FoH is that they are a good, solid cigar but I absolutely adore them.
They are different to the Romeo y Julieta Exhibicion No.4, more fuller and flavours are more intense.
Romeo y Julieta is not everyone's 'cup of tea', so-to-speak. It's not the type of cigar to make one admire the marca if they don't connect with it already.

I agree with everything you said.
Definitely not like the EX #4, which happens to be a favorite of mine.
I have only had a couple of the Petit Royales and they are certainly enjoyable but I just don't care for anything smaller than a petit Robusto personally.

I'm retired so I have all the time in the world to smoke my Cigars so I prefer ones that last an hour or so.

The smaller offerings are tasty, but just too small and always leave me wishing they smoked longer

Also very difficult to find as singles, which is all I buy, so I paid about $10 each for a couple just to try.

Nice smoke, but like I said, too short of a smoke time and the price I am able to get them at as singles is too high to be justified for me
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I find them to be very tasty as well but just too small for my liking.  I highly prefer the Cazzies.  They have probably become my favorite RyJ since the ones I've had are superior in construction to the Churchills.  The Cazzies are more money than the PRs but worth it in my opinion.

I find them to be very tasty as well but just too small for my liking.  I highly prefer the Cazzies.  They have probably become my favorite RyJ since the ones I've had are superior in construction to the Churchills.  The Cazzies are more money than the PRs but worth it in my opinion.
My favorite RyJ is definitely the belicosos

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm a big fan, but I like most RyJ. The size fits me because I can smoke one of these and a PC of another marca if I have a couple of hours on the deck. Like said above, find a box close to $100-120. Great deal at those prices.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk