Peak Work Cigar Approach

Fairly random, but I have been thinking about this the whole year+ we have been through COVID and I figured it is a good bench marking opportunity.

Work from home / home is work / work is home, endless ZOOM video days with back to back meetings, etc. How has it impacted your cigar routine? Number of cigars, vitolas you pick, times of the day? 

On my end, I used to be more consistent in my cigar time choices as well as marcas and vitolas. With COVID it has gravitated towards more cigars (as it has happened to many others), more frequent, and definitely more focused in variety in the cigars I smoke. But also, my routine is more variable: Saturday cigar used to be sacrosanct, and now sometimes I skip it and may go through 3-4 days in which i don't feel like or i don't have time to smoke a cigar - at the same time, peak work/stress days like today i am finding myself in the middle of a 3-big-cigar day. Vitola wise, I am also varying it more including bigger/bolder cigars more often but also enjoying petit coronas and marevas more often than i used too.

Similarly, I am going over my boxes, moving them, checking them, re-arranging them more often. 

Has COVID make us all accelerate and push through the stages of our cigar journey faster? The mental break a cigar gives is so much apparent now in this hyper connected while more isolated lifestyle we have endured. 

Any other personal experiences? Curious to know if anyone has other take or observations. 

While I have worked from the home office for years now, except when commuting downtown or flying to meet clients, with none of that I find myself smoking about the same amount and variety of cigars though without the interim travel and meeting times when it was not possible.

Actually found myself smoking a bit less on a daily probably due to the above.

When I travel for work I smoke about three cigars a day in the winter because its the only time I am around lounges where I can smoke inside like a distinguished gentleman instead of outside freezing my ass off.  I didn't say I was distinguished merely acting like one :)

I have been traveling for work and working in an office setting since May of 2020.  No rest for the wicked I guess.

My cigar intake has definitely increased.  Just due to a matter of access really.  When I travelled or met with customers I’d always find time for a cigar at night and that was about it.  Nowadays as I fight through Zoom Olympics, I’m finding myself light up during the day much more commonly.  Probably also helps that cigars have been excellent as of late too.  I find myself smoking a Corona gorda, robusto, or petit Corona during the day, and one larger cigar at night like a DC, or pyramid.  It’s been good for Rob, as my cigar purchasing has equally if not more than been directly affected.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, mprach024 said:

My cigar intake has definitely increased.  Just due to a matter of access really.

This ^ 

I added on a PC with the afternoon coffee + the usual one after dinner

Now we are back to the office though, it has just gone back to the 1 after dinner. No smoking in the office, unfortunately.

• Like 3