premium lightish cigars

Hello guys and gals! I was wondering what you would recommend as a top quality cigar that’s on the lighter side. I don’t smoke often now adays (a cigar every few months), so I’d be willing to spend a good amount for them. Ideally it also lasts a while - flexible on size just not too small. Also, would you recommend I try to get something through the 24:24 to get something truly special?

Fonseca No1 would seem to fit the bill. Lonsdale size, mild to mid in strength and flavour but a lovely smoke. Reliable too, quality is generally above the Cuban average with regard to over/underfilling.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Also ERDM Choix Supreme. Incidentally I find the new QdOs to have quite a range of body, from light to medium.

I would also call Romeo Churchills a light smoke for at least the first half, and v good quality.

Few Cuban cigars are full bodied. Most are medium or a tad under.

If smoking every couple of months then a box of Partagas Lusitania would be a fine choice. They are more than approachable young, construction is generally good and you will see them age beautifully over the years. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

LGC.MdO4 is the classic premium light CC IMHO. I really enjoyed the flavour profile of that cigar! Earl grey tea works well with this CC too!

나의 SM-N950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

9 hours ago, corneliusmaximus said:

Thank you for the recommendations! I ordered a couple of each of these to try:
* PARTAGAS - LUSITANIAS
* ROMEO Y JULIETA - CHURCHILLS
* COHIBA - SIGLO VI

Well, you couldn’t order a better selection in my view. No messing about!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, corneliusmaximus said:

Thank you for the recommendations! I ordered a couple of each of these to try:
* PARTAGAS - LUSITANIAS
* ROMEO Y JULIETA - CHURCHILLS
* COHIBA - SIGLO VI

That's a great list of 2 hour cigars.  Smoke them slowly for max enjoyment, especially the RyJ, it can pack a wallop.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, corneliusmaximus said:

What’s the deal with Trinidad? I hear it’s considered near the top but also very unreliable?

Not for me - Fundadores, Vigia, La Trova all excellent.  Would love to try some of the others but they sell out fast

For my taste I think anything Hoyo de Monterrey is your best bet. I had a HdM Epicure Especial recently and it reminded me just how light of a cigar many Hoyos can be. Great cream and spice notes.

2 hours ago, corneliusmaximus said:

What’s the deal with Trinidad? I hear it’s considered near the top but also very unreliable?

I consider Trinidad to be probably my favorite marca (cost notwithstanding). As for unreliability, I would say in general that it's no more/less unreliable than any other Cuban

2 hours ago, corneliusmaximus said:

Every La Trova I’ve had has been incredible. Makes me want more and I haven’t touched my Fundadores yet to keep them from ritual sacrifice.