FOH Weekly Poker Game!! 8:30pm Thu Night NY Time - Two-Cigar Sampler Prize!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For poker fans we've got a weekly tournament scheduled 8:30pm NY Time every Thursday.     An El Pres sampler will be up for grabs as a winner-takes-all prize.  You need to PM me -- @MoeFOH -

My first win! (And about time)... A great game all around. Going heads up with @yossie was a real treat.

@MoeFOH, thank you for the great sample of cigars! I see a Bolivar PC, Monte DE, and two skinnies. Are these the Nudies? I've never had those, so I'm very excited to try them. Thanks again!

Hi guys, apologies that my Chat function was not working.  

A great game tonight.  My luck continued with the third win of the season.

BigGunsLA was the runner up, with ianpmccarty third.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nubase said:

If memory serves there was always a buffet for latecomers, did I miss something?

There was, and there were also people who would insert themselves into the game 10, 15, 20, 30+ minutes late and be in contention for a prize pack after the majority of the players that were there at the beginning of the game have been eliminated. And there were a few weeks that those individuals ended up winning the games too. I was not a fan of the 1 hour late registration and lobbied against it. It was changed and I would rather have no late registration.

20 minutes ago, sho671 said:

There was, and there were also people who would insert themselves into the game 10, 15, 20, 30+ minutes late and be in contention for a prize pack after the majority of the players that were there at the beginning of the game have been eliminated. And there were a few weeks that those individuals ended up winning the games too. I was not a fan of the 1 hour late registration and lobbied against it. It was changed and I would rather have no late registration.

I'm all for that policy, just wasn't aware of it. Would a 5-10 minute window be possible for those who legitimately need a couple minutes for updates etc.? No biggie, I'll get there faster next time!

6 minutes ago, Nevrknow said:

Im still having fun!. First time I came in last I think. Second time it was a few more spots up. This time. 2nd. Im coming for the win next time! LOL

A great game.  ?

18 hours ago, nubase said:

I'm all for that policy, just wasn't aware of it. Would a 5-10 minute window be possible for those who legitimately need a couple minutes for updates etc.? No biggie, I'll get there faster next time!

Five minutes sounds reasonable.  Not too much happens in the first few rounds.

If it helps to get a few more players in...all the better.

However I have absolutely if this is technically possible...it's just a thought.

1 hour ago, Trevor2118 said:

Five minutes sounds reasonable.  Not too much happens in the first few rounds.

If it helps to get a few more players in...all the better.

However I have absolutely if this is technically possible...it's just a thought.

Yeah I legitimately got logged in at 6:30 (my time) and could not join :(  But I'll know for next week!

@nubase and @sho671 there was initially an inbuilt default buffer of five minutes (I think), that was something Poker Stars had set internally - nothing I could do to change it. Then they seemed to change the options for that and put it within the tourney set-up settings. At which point we removed any late registrations, as that seemed to be the majority's favoured way to go.

That said, the settings have changed again (they seem to tinker with it a bit) and there are now expanded options to add several rounds of late registrations. For this week, and any coming weeks if there are no objections to it, I will trial one round of late regos. I think it's a 5 or 10mins grace. That's a reasonable amount of time to permit a latecomer, one which should not really inconvenience other players. 

Thanks for the feedback, guys. We'll see how it goes! :cigar:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

@nubase and @sho671 there was initially an inbuilt default buffer of five minutes (I think), that was something Poker Stars had set internally - nothing I could do to change it. Then they seemed to change the options for that and put it within the tourney set-up settings. At which point we removed any late registrations, as that seemed to be the majority's favoured way to go.

That said, the settings have changed again (they seem to tinker with it a bit) and there are now expanded options to add several rounds of late registrations. For this week, and any coming weeks if there are no objections to it, I will trial one round of late regos. I think it's a 5 or 10mins grace. That's a reasonable amount of time to permit a latecomer, one which should not really inconvenience other players. 

Thanks for the feedback, guys. We'll see how it goes! :cigar:

I don't have a problem with five or 10 minutes max. I complained about the one hour late registration, which was removed to be replaced with no late registration. I'd rather have no late registration than a one hour one so I wasn't going to make a fuss about missing a game. I wasn't a fan of the one hour late registration (which I gathered was made in error) that allowed players to join in towards the end of the game. I recall a few games/weeks where I made it to the last five or six players on a single table then getting moved to a second table to accommodate someone that joined the game after the majority of the players had already been eliminated. And there were a few weeks where late comers went on to win the sampler prize too.

• Thanks 1

• MoeFOH changed the title to FOH Weekly Poker Game!! 8:30pm Thu Night NY Time - Two-Cigar Sampler Prize!!
  • MoeFOH unpinned this topic