Boots on the Ground Request, Havana

JohnInCleveland

Have an opportunity to go to Havana in a week or so for 24 hrs.  Anyone been there (or going in the next week) who can give any stock reports or advice?  I've been a few times and I'd love to try and hit up only 1 or 2 LCDH and time will be at a premium.  

Hoping to bring back a few special boxes (SW, Cohibas, nothing super rare) and I could benefit from any insight.  

FYI, you are going to have some issues coming back.  The rules for bringing cigars back into the U.S. only applies to people spending 48 hours (or more) in a foreign country.   You will have to pax tax on your entire haul.  Course as always, it is up to the agent to enforce the 48 hour rule.

On 1/19/2020 at 6:41 PM, Monterey said:

FYI, you are going to have some issues coming back.  The rules for bringing cigars back into the U.S. only applies to people spending 48 hours (or more) in a foreign country.   You will have to pax tax on your entire haul.  Course as always, it is up to the agent to enforce the 48 hour rule.

NBD.  I'm only gonna bring back a little.  But I appreciate the heads up, very helpful to know. 

14 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Stock changes daily. Just go and enjoy. Maybe next time go for longer? Cuba is great for more than just cigars.

I've been there several times, my sister hasn't and work travel and having small children only allows a very brief jaunt while in florida.  

24 hrs in Cuba for her is superior to never seeing Havana and she loves an adventure.  It's not that weird a request to see if anyone has been there in the last few days on a cigar forum I frequent.  At least I didn't think so.