One pick... your greatest album of all time?

Hard to argue with DSOTM, but so much incredible music from the mid 60 to mid 70s picking the "greatest" of all time is just impossible to answer.

So many great picks so far.... Allman Bros Filmore East, Stones Let it Bleed or Beggars Banquet, Waiting for Columbus, Zepplin IV... who can say? A couple more I would include are Hendrix's Electric Ladyland, The Dead's Europe 72 and the Who's Tommy. For you Bruce fans, I would argue his first album, Live from Asbury Park is the winner.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Miles Davis Kind Of Blue. 

No doubt this thread exists in some form or another somewhere on here, but there's no harm in revisiting a topic like this - especially when I can't be bothered battling the "quirky" forum search func

Townes Van Zandt “For the Sake of the Song”

pogues red roses for me is up there too. So are stones let it bleed and exile on Main Street as well as zeppelin IV as previously mentioned. All excellent albums. I’m surprised nobody mentioned Geto Boys we can’t be stopped or Ganksta Nip southpark psycho yet. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

over British Steel?

I think so...but ive got no problem with anyone that goes with British Steel...or sad wings or stained class or killing machine or defenders or painkiller...you get the picture...JP is the best metal band of all time in my opinion. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mbflash80 said:

I think so...but ive got no problem with anyone that goes with British Steel...or sad wings or stained class or killing machine or defenders or painkiller...you get the picture...JP is the best metal band of all time in my opinion. 

Defenders would be my next pick and I really like Firepower.  I'm a really big JP fan too.

• Like 1

Wow.  Cascades of albums whirl in front of my eyes.  The Beatles White Album or Sgt Pepper for its place in history? Any number of Pink Floyd (Meddle), Grateful Dead (Terrapin or the original self-titled), Zeppelin (Phys Graff), Black Sabbath (Masters of Reality) and ELO albums are also tempting picks.

I'm torn between Bowie's Ziggy Stardust and The Stooges self-titled first album.  To be a sport, I'm giving the nod to Bowie, though I know I'll reconsider later.

Coming of age in the mid '70s listened to DSOM incessantly. Probably had a major impact on my life decisions at the time.....

• 3 weeks later...