One pick... your greatest album of all time?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Miles Davis Kind Of Blue. 

No doubt this thread exists in some form or another somewhere on here, but there's no harm in revisiting a topic like this - especially when I can't be bothered battling the "quirky" forum search func

1 hour ago, SmokyFontaine said:

Can't do one in the absolute division. I'd need to break it up in genres. Pearl Jam Ten, Wu-tang Clan: Enter the 36 Chambers, Amy Winehouse - Back to Black. 

Ten!!!!!  

• Like 1

* "Eddie Harris Sings The Blues" (1969) where he does a great deal of singing through his horn (trumpet). My mom and sister couldn't stand my playing this album all the time - they said it was the saddest album they'd ever heard and that maybe they'd play it at my funeral or something! (LOL) But they meant it! We had all kinds of pets at that time period (the 1970's) dogs, cats, aquarium, etc. Whenever I played it they all settled down and relaxed, finally falling asleep. I found it moving and soothing too. My mom got to meet Eddie Harris when he came through Louisville and told him about my loving his album so! ^_^

2 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

so you asked ben for some names of something that might sound trendy? 

Ken, for all your worldly ways, you have a rather limited...if not dare I say "Myopic" attitude to music. 

I know 4 year olds with a wider listening repertoire....and by some way. Their "Wiggles" is your "Springsteen".   I put them on a par. 

4 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Ken, for all your worldly ways, you have a rather limited...if not dare I say "Myopic" attitude to music. 

I know 4 year olds with a wider listening repertoire....and by some way. Their "Wiggles" is your "Springsteen".   I put them on a par. 

so no denial?

2 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

so no denial?

Throwing Copper by LIVE was made in 1994 from memory. 

"Lightning crashes" was one of a stream if hit songs on the album.. I loved this period of music. Grunge going through all of its phases at breakneck speed. 

Throwing Copper would have been close to one of the highest selling albums during that period. 

Livecopper.jpg

3 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Throwing Copper by LIVE was made in 1994 from memory. 

"Lightning crashes" was one of a stream if hit songs on the album.. I loved this period of music. Grunge going through all of its phases at breakneck speed. 

Throwing Copper would have been close to one of the highest selling albums during that period. 

Livecopper.jpg

You probably like Nickleback as well...Live hey....and you are winding Ken up . Seriosly Ken....they are not trendy.

1 minute ago, westg said:

You probably like Nickleback as well...Live hey....and you are winding Ken up . Seriosly Ken....they are not trendy.

Nickelback was one of the great parody bands!

To be honest  I am really ABS

....Anyone But Springsteen. 

• Like 1

Dark Side of the Moon is definitely up there.
However, there are just so many great rock albums that equally deserve a place. So many excellent suggestions here that I would also put up there.
I'd like to throw in something a bit different. Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells. Amazing to think that he wrote this masterpiece at just 17 years of age.

Throwing Copper...great memories of that album. Best part of remembering any album is that it reminds me of a time without social media and “smart” phones. I feel so bad for my kids, they have no comprehension of a “great album”. 

Zoso/IV is high for me. 

But my personal vote for desert island album would be Jackson Browne, Late for the Sky.