Punch Coronation 2015/Iced Coffee Yumyum (CCRW)

I'm not sure if this cocktail exists anywhere other than my home, could be for good reason but I enjoy them immensely! Just my own take on those boozy Irish coffee style cocktails:

-Shot of Espresso

-Shot of Kahlua

-Shot of Sweet Sherry

-Top up with full fat milk + Ice to taste

------

The cigar, I've not been a huge fan of Punch over the years, mainly I think down to a procession of poor tubed examples when starting out and the Punch Punch had a real rough spot when I was getting into trying the brand. They were incredibly exhaust pipey, not the best flavour profile one can seek out...

This however has been sat for a few years now constantly being passed over and I've been enjoying the Sabrosos a lot recently so decided to give it a go.

Draw is a little tight but almost immediately upon lighting up it settles perfectly. Straight up lovely thick smoke. Fruit and nuts are the core; a refreshing sparkling/fizzy fresh plum rounded off with cashew. No exhaust pipe at all! No wood either which is usually what I associate with Punch.

A good sip of the Yum-yum and the drink has gained a deep nutty profile from the smoke, also a massive leap in creaminess.

This is one thing I think everyone should try with a cigar once: milk. Straight up fresh milk, I've grown up with what's called raw milk nowadays but any decent organic full fat milk is good. Having a cigar with milk has an incredible effect on the drink, cream overload but also it drifts into that baked cream dessert realm. Seriously give it a go.

Back to the cigar and the drink has given that crème brulé nature to the cigar, but with a definite trifle edge, mostly from the sherry I'm guessing. This is pretty great!

Second third and still that solid plum and nut core. Still no wood what-so-ever which is a real surprise to me. Burn is excellent and draw is still keeping its end of the bargain up. The drink has taken on a rich malted flavour too, as a fan of all milk-based deserts/drinks/foods this is really going down a treat.

Final third and the cigar starts to get a little grubby so decide to let it die out before I ruin the rich creamy flavours that are lingering in the mouth.

Really surprised by the cigar performing so well, and from something almost getting into that economy range too.

92/100

Drink pairing is a solid 10/10, but this is getting dangerously into blowing my own trumpet territory :lookaround:

Really enjoyed this comp, I'd fallen out of the habit of drinking anything at all with a cigar but this has jolted me right back onto the path

Screenshot_20190714-192511.png

Screenshot_20190714-192450.png

• Like 2