For lovers of Baileys Irish Cream

El Presidente

Stumbled into a bottle a few months back and picked it up more as a novelty for the bottle. Really is a top notch product. Stands out with the packaging and the taste. For what it's worth, I'd recommend picking one up as well.

We also enjoyed some with Andy in Maiori as he'd brought along a bottle or two. Agreed, quite nice and a few steps above the Baileys. Fresh cream and locally produced, it's not your average Irish cream for sure.

Appears it may actually be available here!

On 6/26/2019 at 9:24 AM, Ken Gargett said:

i missed the dinner service. we both claimed that we'd been served something dodgy which had laid us low.

Technically, you were served something dodgy, so it was a legitimate excuse.

I still remember when Woolworths brought out their own brand Irish Cream. That was almost as dodgy as their own brand Scotch.

• Haha 1

I can recommend Merlyn Welsh Cream Liqueur. Very Bailey's like but better. Made by the Penderyn distillery. The whisky is shit (only aged 3 years) but the Brecon Gin and Merlyn are fab. 

The Buffalo Trace Kentucky version is pretty good for US folks.

They distribute this stuff in a lot of U.S states. I think they will have full U.S distribution in the fall.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

In the US, it was introduced by McCormick in Weston, MO through their Holladay Distillery.  If you are in Kansas City, make the drive to Weston and take the tour.  If you do the tour, you can sample their products, including Five Farms.  My wife is a big fan. 

https://holladaydistillery.com/

https://mccormickdistilling.com/brands/

Their bourbon will be available in less than a year.  In the meantime, you can purchase their White Dog fresh-off-the still moonshine.  It’s essentially the antidote for today’s 50:50 poll @MoeFOH  Heavy consumption will:

1) Convince you that you can fly and mitigates any risk of shrinking by guaranteeing to make you 10 foot tall and bulletproof.

2) Its effects cause you to lose any concern for those around you, essentially making you invisible (at least in your mind) and you couldn’t care less when (not if) your bowels release. 

https://m.feastmagazine.com/the-feed/kansas_city_news/article_c000027a-a75b-11e6-b101-f3f290c925af.html

35EC7170-90C4-4DC4-9206-C9E5B12231AB.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thirds said:

Their bourbon will be available in less than a year.  In the meantime, you can purchase their White Dog fresh-off-the still moonshine.  It’s essentially the antidote for today’s 50:50 poll @MoeFOH  Heavy consumption will:

1) Convince you that you can fly and mitigates any risk of shrinking by guaranteeing to make you 10 foot tall and bulletproof.

2) Its effects cause you to lose any concern for those around you, essentially making you invisible (at least in your mind) and you couldn’t care less when (not if) your bowels release. 

Perfect! I knew there was a reason I made up those conditions. :whistle:

That White Dog reminds me of this scene... "It's a hand on the brain" hahaha...

• Haha 1

I've been making my own Clark's Irish Creme from an old Irish recipe shared with me by a beloved friend's mom before she passed away. It's an old family recipe that she inherited from a previous generation, and she made me swear to keep private and never share. I make a batch of it yearly before the holidays, it takes at least 30 days of fermenting in the fridge because is has eggs in it. It goes down smooth and rather quickly. I absolutely love it, especially after a nice holiday dinner, but it does have a bit of a kick to it, not like the weak Baileys milk you buy in the liquor store. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/25/2019 at 11:10 PM, Habana Mike said:

We also enjoyed some with Andy in Maiori as he'd brought along a bottle or two. Agreed, quite nice and a few steps above the Baileys. Fresh cream and locally produced, it's not your average Irish cream for sure.

Appears it may actually be available here!

Um yeah... I have a TW 5 mins away.. field trip in order tomorrow! Baileys truly is crap. Coffee creamer with isopropyl alcohol. Round these parts we drink Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream whenever one might want a Bailey’s. Much better,

34 minutes ago, Ethernut said:

Um yeah... I have a TW 5 mins away.. field trip in order tomorrow! Baileys truly is crap. Coffee creamer with isopropyl alcohol. Round these parts we drink Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream whenever one might want a Bailey’s. Much better,

I have the BTBC but hadn't cracked it open yet. I'll have to look for some five farms now too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

Thanks for Bumping this. I have a Total wine about 3 minutes from the office, I'll be stopping by on my way home from work this afternoon. 

KaPOW!

Baileys who!?!?

WooooW!

DC3581A5-3E35-4DE7-ACFE-093C96861868.jpeg

• Like 2