New Kenfessions: Ramon Allones ‘Old’ – Michter’s Single Barrel Straight Rye Whiskey

Ramon Allones ‘Old’ – Michter’s Single Barrel Straight Rye Whiskey

By KBG.

Rob posted a thread recently about one of his mates who likes to smoke half-finished cigars the next day or even later (and no, it is not me and I have no idea who it is). Last night, I felt a bit like a small cigar (very rare) and as I am on a bit of a bourbon kick, I was cracking the Michter’s Single Barrel Straight Rye Whiskey, I thought something caramelly. What better than an aged PLPC?

But then I remembered that away in the back of the humidor (in several bags for protection – not so much of it but of the rest of the humidor), was a cigar I had started but not finished. 999 times out of 1,000, it would have been disposed of at the time, but this was one of the boxes of Ramon Allones which Stuart Fox very kindly brought with him last year, I think (please don’t tell me it was the year before).

Continue to full article here.

Interesting. I don’t plan on trying it either but I wonder if snipping a bit of the burnt end before relighting would eliminate or lessen the ashy taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, LLC said:

Interesting. I don’t plan on trying it either but I wonder if snipping a bit of the burnt end before relighting would eliminate or lessen the ashy taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

probably but pretty much all of it had been knocked away. 

yes, not something i plan on doing regularly. 

I'm a bit of a cheapskate and tend to do this once in a while.  Oddly enough, the second half of a PLMC a day or 2 later actually ends up being as good OR BETTER than the first half.  Yes, the first couple of drags are ashy, but a purge later and I'm off and running.

Waste not, want not.  I've never kept them in the humidor, however.