Sancho Panza Ducales - from the 1980’s + Review

Thanks @99call that thread helped me make the decision to pull the trigger on these babies while I was in Madrid. Just wanted to see if anyone had a recent smoking experience with these?

12 minutes ago, topdiesel said:

@Buck14, you are one of the few members who has the opportunity to write a review.  Light one up and tell us about it.  On the edge of my seat.

will do! They are a little dry from the trip so Ill need to acclimate them for awhile in my humi to give them a fighting chance. But I promise a review soon as possible.

• Like 1

These are very interesting cigars--the only sanctioned Habanos product ever made outside Cuba. 

Despite their story they still seem to be affordable if found, possibly due to few knowing what they are. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

These are very interesting cigars--the only sanctioned Habanos product ever made outside Cuba. 

Despite their story they still seem to be affordable if found, possibly due to few knowing what they are. 

Is this the case?  I honestly don't know so am genuinely asking.  Did Medallion in the UK, and La Esdura operate without blessing?

C-73Zigarren-Kiste-La-Esdura-Havana-Rinn-Cloos.jpg

C-73Zigarren-Kiste-La-Esdura-Havana-Rinn-Cloos-_57.jpg

15 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

??

?

The Shop that sold me my Ducales told me that the current ones are from the government Stock.

They were intended as a diplomatic gift in Spain, but now to old for. That could be the Reason for missing the blue Spain Taxlable.

Gesendet von meinem moto x4 mit Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2019 at 5:02 PM, 99call said:

Is this the case?  I honestly don't know so am genuinely asking.  Did Medallion in the UK, and La Esdura operate without blessing?

C-73Zigarren-Kiste-La-Esdura-Havana-Rinn-Cloos.jpg

C-73Zigarren-Kiste-La-Esdura-Havana-Rinn-Cloos-_57.jpg

Those would have been Cubatabaco, not Habanos (HSA). Since 1994 nothing except those SPs has been officially sanctioned.

As an aside, I can find virtually nothing about La Esdura. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

As an aside, I can find virtually nothing about La Esdura. 

They seem to have been produced by Rinn & Cloos (1895-1992) who also owned RUC cigars,  heres a few more images, and the factory where they were made.  

Zigarrenschachtel-LA-ESDURA-Havana-alt-vintage-Zigarren-Schachtel-_57 (1).jpg

Zigarrenschachtel-LA-ESDURA-Havana-alt-vintage-Zigarren-Schachtel-_57 (2).jpg

Zigarrenschachtel-LA-ESDURA-Havana-alt-vintage-Zigarren-Schachtel-_57.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2